You Must Come Into The Book





[This sounds nasty, but I think I will resolve this year to read fewer books.


At the very least, I will resolve to finish the books I have already started -- and there are many -- before I tackle others.


In the meantime, check out this collection from all over media (which unlike Mr. Stern I don't dare claim to be king of) from the last half of December. Ho ho ho.  -- David]


1. Although spoilers aren't cool, at the end of the day it's just a movie. I have far bigger problems to worry about than spoilers.




2. In what world is it ok to punish a 17 year old by taking a computer he purchased with his own money away from him and letting his little brother use it?








3. I have decided that the most gruesome demise in my next fantasy/comedy/steampunk/social commentary novel shall be a character named Otto Kerect. I haven't decided how he'll meet his ignominious end but it will be grotesque. Possibly swallowed by a giant flaming marshmallow or drowned in syrup atop the worlds largest waffle.








4. Alright so anyone paying even the slightest attention to me in here knows that my work place is questionable at best.
My boss has this habit of saying "buddy" to everyone. As in "ok buddy" and "sure thing buddy" and it actually annoys me so much? I know he probably means well but it sounds so condescending?
One of my coworkers use "sweetheart", "baby", and "darling" the same way. And calls me either Trouble (which is apparently my nickname??) or a "good girl"
...
I think sometimes these people are forgetting that we are in a kitchen surrounded by stabby items and very warm things.
Grrrrrr








5. [Radio announcer on my way to work]: I want a timer switch for my lights.
[Me in response]: That would make a great Christmas carol!








6. Alvin isn't really a chipmunk. He's a squirrel with a hideously disfiguring genetic tail disorder. Sorry.










7. The turkey just cruised by my window! Haven't seen it for a couple of months.








8. I hate when "based on the novel" means "loosely based on the basic concept of the novel, but you won't recognize anything else because we've changed it all and dramatized it".








9. Only by God's grace are we able to say "yes" to the improbable and trust God [Who] really can do the impossible.








10. I admit it; I'm a bit of a chronopolist.






me, 122015, 0848 hrs






11. Are you welcome or are you disappointed?






Jeffrey to Sarah, 1132 hrs






12. When you tattle, you're trying to cause a problem.
When you report, you're trying to solve a problem.






(Minot Public School Student Planner, week of December 21-27, 2015)








13. This is one of the many reasons I despise this pinhead. People who openly nitpick a film like this are more interested in persuading others of their intellect than they are in adding value to our culture. The Force Awakens is a story meant to be enjoyed at face value, not dissected and studied. Tyson's objections just ruin the fun. Grow up a smidge, Neil [DeGrasse Tyson -- current host of Cosmos is all I know]-- you're not in middle school anymore.








14. The other day when I was downtown at the mall, one of the stores said it had droids and drones for sale. Which I thought was pretty cool since it was I was 15 years old when Star Wars came out and now fast forward to now you can buy something that was considered Science Fiction.
But then again when one thinks about things that say when I was younger that has come to be is quite amazing.
This week at work will be both short and slow, because the peak season is over.. One young guy I work around and joke around likes to call me old man, but I don't mind compared to a lot of the other guys who work in my area, I am a old man.
But it's not something everybody gets to do, and that is to grow old.








15. The Christmas spirit is how Jesus died on the cross for all of us so that we all can be saved from our sins and have eternal life. It's not all about presents and cards. If you don't want to cheer up for anyone, at least cheer and give praise to Jesus for the great sacrifice he gave. Merry Christmas




16. No. I will not put down the book. You must come into the book.




17. You probably don't recognize me with my red arm.






18. You love every minute of it and you know it. No sad faces, my perpetual host. LOL






19. Blessings to you, and I know you will always strive to be the best version of yourself!








20. For 21-87, Lipsett combines discarded shots of news footage, an autopsy, teens dancing (coupled with rhythmic, almost orgasmic breathing), trapeze artists and runway models with his own footage of blank faces on the streets of Montreal and New York. When you understand that Lucas loves films that show no interest in coherent storytelling, character development and believable dialogue, the Star Wars prequels become a lot easier to understand.




(Ian Freer, read 122815 "FN-2187: why John Boyega's stormtrooper number holds the key to Star Wars")






21. I'm so focus. I'm working hard for everything I pray/prayed for.






22. [Emma Swan]: Look, I'm just trying to be responsible here!
[Henry Mills]: And I'm just trying to spend some time with you.




(heard on the Once Upon A Time episode "The Price of Gold")






23. I just met an interesting man. He paid for and bought 3 night's stay for 29 families at this place. The cost..... $156,000. He also rented the conference center for 3 nights with a dinner buffet for all of them. Know why? He's dying. He said he can't carry his money with him when he goes. He has a very successful manufacturing business and is sharing his wealth and success. WHY OH WHY DO WE BANK UP FOR THE FUTURE? HIS bucket list is to bless others with his wealth. I am honored to have met this gentlemen from Kent, WA who loves others more than himself. Peace go with you!






24. Goodbye circle of trust. Goodnight moon. Goodbye woman whispering hush.








25. So sick of people saying they hate how [Adam Driver as Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens] acted. How is a confused, emotional, troubled young person supposed to act? Did you ever think this is what the director wants?? They usually don't let actors just "wing it". If you want something better, write your own movie, and let the billion of us that love the movie enjoy it. I honestly believe people would bitch no matter what product was put out




26. Nothing says "absent" like a turtleneck and a hoodie.




(Jeremy Duncan, from Zits Apocalypse)

Comments

Popular Posts