What Can I Say, I'm A Tidsoptimist.

[I real a post with that word this morning, and a tidsoptimist (yes, this is a word) is a person who's always late because he or she believes they have more time than they do. Just came from the NaNoWriMo page -- and a great many of these my favorite posts from the second half of November are a big top-heavy about writing. But we will take that. And today's post IS PG-13, just like The Force Awakens will be I've heard. -- David] 

1. The worst part about having four separate groups of people the story follows is finding ways to reveal the same information to each of them without it becoming redundant






2. I have used my princely nano powers to hereby rename the bumblebee. It shall forever be known as the buzzle floof. Continue about your day.
Also, wasps are still known as assholes.






3. Seriously. Every girl wants a man who can build her a death ray.






4. My wife said the other day that I am doing nanowrimo NOT to do nanowrimo, but to write a novel. Every day I am practicing the writing life, and making progress. Stopping writing because of not making 50K by Nov 31, is like slashing the other three tires on a car because one of them got a flat! Instead, Patch it as best as possible and keep rolling forward!




5. ~1,450,000 words this month into my ~3,000,000 word NaNo novel series, and I now have my new most favoritest line of the entire damned thing:
"I'm not even entirely sure they're made of potato, but I'd punt a small human child without shame for a large McDonald's fry right now."
Ah, this humor. It's cruel, it's terrible, and totally fits my MMC's personality. I'm still chuckling. My boyfriend asked if it's narcissistic to laugh so hard at my own writing. I'm not entirely sure.






6. The plot bunny is made of delicious plot meat. All you've gotta do is kill the bunny.


7. I like David's [this was me!] idea. What would make it more interesting is if the people have a certain set of morals regarding fidelity programmed into them. What sort of feelings does each person feel towards each one and how do they deal with whatever distress going against the mores implanted in them?


8. This is why I can't ask my husband for advice with my story:
Me: I need to make my villain more relatable.
Him: Make him a cat person...
Me: *raises eyebrow*...
Him: AND MAKE THE CAT THE REAL VILLAIN!
Me *groan*

(I did get a good laugh out of it though XD )






9. I am almost to 8600 words, and a dragon just sneezed on my MC on accident due to his allergies to pollen...which happens to be part of my MC's scent because she spends so much time in the forest.
...which has nothing to do with my allergies, what-so-ever... 0_o *sniff, sniff*






10. What is the weirdest passage you've written so far? I have a few, but mine from last night is pretty strange. Keep in mind my story is about baseball and a boy, but I was getting tired and the boy was sort of taking over his own story, so yeah.
And then I was just ping-ponging and I m like wow, this is weird. I am tired. and this is weird but I want to go to bed, but I am trying ot stay awake. I want to keep laying baseball. Playing baseball.
This is what happens when you are doing a word sprint and you have no idea what you are going to talk about.






11. Hugs to everyone behind on NaNo
Hugs to everyone on track or ahead of their NaNo
Hugs to those who had to stop their NaNo






12. Bun me!


(said numerous times by Jeffrey when he, Sarah, and I were serving hot dogs and pop at the Horn of Plenty table in Marketplace Foods, 112115)


13. Don't hate me for this but...
While I was in the bathroom for things that are my business, I had a weird and sort of off the wall train of thought:
The first time humans had sex.
"What is that?"
"Where do you think you're putting it?"
"Oh HELL no! This hurts!"
"Okay, well maybe we should try again."
"WHY AREN'T WE DOING THIS ALL THE TIME?"
The first human female to get pregnant.
"Ugh, I don't feel good."
"I HATE YOU"
"I'm sorry, I love you."
"No, I was right the first time. I HATE YOU SO MUCH GAHHH!"
"EAT ALL THE THINGS!"
....several months later
"OMG WHAT IS THIS PAIN?"
"This is ALL YOUR FAULT! You tricked me with your pelvic sorcery!"
(points to whoever can guess where that is stolen from [an awesome movie])
"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" *breaks man's face*
"Awe, it's adorable."
"And... it's crying. A lot. NODON'TTOUCHITIT'SMINE!"
*boobs hurting from engorgement and starts leaking*
"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
The first menstrual cycle
"What the hell is this? Am I... BLEEDING?"
"I think your thing broke mine."
"OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH"
"It's been six days and I am still breathing."
"oh... It stopped. I think I'm healed."
...27 days later
"It's happening AGAIN??"
Then... the train completely derailed and...
What if a toddler not yet potty trained got their period? I mean, with all the weird crap that can go wrong in the human body...
Yes, I'm quite disturbed at the things my brain comes up with. I shuddered.






14. No matter how stupid you feel, just remember somewhere out there someone thought it was a good idea to release the new Alvin and the Chipmunks the same weekend as the new Star Wars






15. I DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD SET A TARGET

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY

COLLEGE WILL BE SO MUCH EASIER NOW



16. VALIDATE AS SOON AS YOU REACH 50K!
There are a couple good reasons to do this.
First is that your word count many not agree with the NaNo one and you need to write more words. You don't ant to be doing this ten minutes before NaNo is over.
...
Second is that everyone who is getting 50k at the last moment is going to clog the NaNo site and you might miss the deadline for verifying.
There is also the chance that bad weather might take down any number of connections between you and the NaNo boards, even if you have fine weather where you are.
So go validate and have that part finished. You can still update your word count.








17. War is not a game. Too many people lost their lives and too many families fell apart because of that from all over the world. It's not a game, it cannot be a joke. Please think before you talk or write.



18. You guys just see what you are allowed to.Do you think Turkey has made a decision on this all alone? Putin supports Essad but Obama doesn't.Putin was bombing the rebels and Turkmens which Obama supports. grin emoticon If you have a little piece of brain you would figure this out. By the way, Turkey has the second biggest army in NATO. When you think 1915 and Turkish peoples' capability, we don't need the NATO after all. I just wanted to say that DONT BE AN IMBECILE AND START THINKING.





19. Fear is a strange thing, it can cause us to be afraid to try something new.
Fear can keep us holding on to things we would be better off letting go of.
It can make us afraid of the future, and living in the past.
Only when we are willing to confront our fears, can we overcome them. And learn true happiness of what can be, rather than live with the regret of never trying to start with.






20. I now see why we need novels... puts things into context so they make sense. Otherwise we'd have a pile of literary nonsense.




21. Bhakts on fire everywhere. Now the frustrated Indians have already started searching for somebody else to bash.. It's fun to watch them figure things on their own.





22. Don't be afraid to write. Don't be afraid of what people think. At the end of the day, you are first and foremost writing/telling a story for you. Because you wanted it. Something inside you wanted to give it voice. So, because of that, write it. Someone will like it. Someone will love it. Someone will hate it. But at the end of the day, make sure you love it. Make sure it's what you wanted and makes you happy. Make sure it brings a smile to your face. Make sure to write the ...story you really needed to tell. Don't be afraid of it.
"The main rule of writing is that if you do it with enough assurance and confidence, you’re allowed to do whatever you like. (That may be a rule for life as well as for writing. But it’s definitely true for writing.) So write your story as it needs to be written. Write it ­honestly, and tell it as best you can. I’m not sure that there are any other rules. Not ones that matter."
~Neil Gaiman.
Be confident!









23. Heavenly father
I humble my self befor u.i can't solve my problems on my own,pls help me to seek ur help n perspective...






24. Every story is "overdone", but you are the only one who can write YOUR story.


25. I'm never going to understand how family can use people and screw them over so badly especially when kids are involved.




26. All I want for Christmas is the abolition of imperialist white supremacist capitalist heteropatriarchy























Comments

Popular Posts