Pretend To Be A Time Traveler Day

You think I'm pretending?


Continuing from yesterday's post, Sunday afternoon we headed to a NaNoWriMo wrap up party hosted by Molly our area municipal liaison, and everybody brought some food to liven it up!


Molly's specialty was raclette, a Swiss cheese that you heat and then pour over potatoes to eat. Brad, Melissa, Yolanda, her granddaughter Alicia and my family and I shared in that, and then since we were out anyway my family and I grabbed pizza at the Little Caesar's in our local Kmart.


We also needed a shower curtain, for our shower door has kept coming off its rack and when you're standing where it does it comes down on your toes. Hard. Now was it that ... oh no, it was Saturday night after the Renaissance Feast, when we were in Kmart. Anyway, as the girls were looking for something Jeffrey and I were in the toy section. Jeffrey drew a lightsaber and challenged me to a duel (he was light side, I was dark from the colors) and got me twice!


Martha says I embarrassed her, but that so does not worry me. It was late at night, few people were around (though on our second duel a woman blocked my blow with a roll of wrapping paper; which reminds me, I have some gift wrapping to do!), and after Saturday night's Feast and silent auction --  won a gift card there to a local bookstore which I used this morning, paid twelve bucks for fifteen, and the kids got some ornaments -- we were all tired enough to not care anyway. Despite Sarah and Jeffrey's pleas to put up the tree when we got home, Martha and I both knew we'd be dragging at night ... and I'm sad to say, dragging even more so when we got to church the following morning! Which the kids were.


Yesterday Jeffrey's class at school got to go Christmas shopping at the in-school dollar store and buy a present for as many family members and friends as they wanted. He had -- he was supposed to have -- eight dollars that I'd put into his envelope, but the five got lost. So he bought dollar presents for Grandpa Robert, Grandma Sharon, and Mary and he was hurt that he'd lost the rest. After leaving the concert at Ramstad Middle School in which our niece and goddaughter Josceline played clarinet (I had to be guided into the school because I couldn't find its post-flood location) we grabbed some dinner and you could tell Jeffrey was still upset about losing it. OR he's faking me out and pocketed it himself -- nah.


School and work today should be no trouble now and then, David

Comments

Popular Posts