Prepare For A Very Large Headache!

Your primitive weapon is of no use against me, Autobot fool!


(Decepticon military commander Shockwave -- the tall purple one-eyed guy who transformed into a giant laser gun -- as he shot and melted Autobot muscle Brawn's impromptu weapon in his hands in part three of "Transformers: The Ultimate Doom")


I needed a good 80s line; to be honest my mind has been drifting all over the place this past birthday weekend of mine. I don't think I will take long today writing this, but I might surprise myself. Anyhoo, after I got off work Friday I met Martha, Sarah, and Jeffrey at home and we went out to Badlands for my birthday dinner. And the special for my birthday THIS year was fifteen dollars off our entire meal! Still pretty steep (just under sixty bucks) though, but how often do we go to a formal restaurant? To be honest, more than we should, and that will change.


I've still got about a third of the full slab of barbecued ribs in our fridge at home, even with the girls helping me after they finished their macaroni and cheese (Sarah) and stuffed baked potato (Martha), respectively. Jeffrey alas was turned off by the texture of the macaroni and cheese which not only was what you'd expect from the Kraft standard but also sprinkled with finely shredded cheese. Oh well. The kids had shakes for dessert and Martha and I both had cheesecake, her a plain one and me a maple-layered one that I am still working on lowering my blood sugar from!


Saturday morning I brought the kids with me to Breakfast with the Boys (Martha's at Burger King that day and I couldn't well leave them home) where eighteen people ate great -- except my kids the picky eaters, but I digress -- and fourteen of us attended Bible study on John baptizing in the Jordan River; I learned a few new things at that. Got some rest at home, at least I did, and took Sarah and Jeffrey later to Original Comics and Collectibles where they got some early Christmas presents, Sarah some Guardians of the Galaxy mini figures and Jeffrey a Luigi and a Koopa Troopa ...


Look, I'll come back here tomorrow for I feel a nice pounding on my head.


David







Comments

Popular Posts