Remember Behavior bucks please!

Ha. Today's title is what Sarah wrote in my journal so I wouldn't forget to ask Martha about it!


Apparently "Behavior Bucks" are what the kids at Longfellow (and I presume through Minot Public Schools, at least the elementary ones) given in either class or after school for being exceptionally good mannered. Last night as I got home with the kids Sarah asked me if I'd talked to Mom about tying in allowance -- which we haven't given them in months because we've had major catch up to play on a lot of things -- to the chores they do and how they behave.


Toward each other ... actually, Sarah and Jeffrey have mellowed in the last week or two and this morning I picked up on the trick. Instead of trying to drag them out of bed -- they still come downstairs to see Martha off to work before seven in the morning and are still napping on the couch when I get out of the shower and get ready. I wake them, and then I have to count on them to get ready and TRY to not be smacking each other down more than usual.


Praise God, they are getting better about that. So are Martha and I. This year, the biggest Christmas present I could give my wife is to fall so in love with her I can't get out, and let her know it! I just need some help [read: prayer] wrapping it ... on another note, after work last night I got to church for our first Wednesday night Advent service and got sent a photo of Jeffrey holding up the "Christmas star" that the other kids miming the Wise Men searching for Jesus are following. It was great!

Took the kids to the new Taco John's on north Broadway -- it just opened last month about a two blocks down from where it had been -- which sports bigger parking, an echo like you wouldn't believe, and what my girl youngling will eat (both the girls need shredded, not nacho, cheese; we all had potato olays -- picture tiny hash browns) and next time Sarah will likely get the chicken and potato burrito I had, she liked the bite she took of mine!

But with shredded and not nacho cheese, David


Comments

Popular Posts