Pizzas, Your Kids Are Ready!

Okay, that's either awkward holocaust humor -- which is a contradiction in terms -- or a warning to the confections of cheese, dough, and pepperoni under Totino's brand name we bought last night for the kids that they must prepare to be eaten, and when Martha announced it she transposed "pizzas" and "kids". I'm inclined to think the latter. And unless we're stuffed, NO part of a pizza gets saved in our house for leftovers!


This was about ten minutes after I got home from work last night, I suppose that would be on Christmas Eve Eve Adam. I'll explain that in a bit. A few minutes before I left my office Martha called me and said she volunteered to leave the job she normally works Tuesdays because there were too many people there already, so she would be picking up Sarah and Jeffrey at her parents' and if I wanted I could go to Bethany's Blue Christmas service after all.


I decided against it because ... well, I wasn't so blue (in the sense of "unhappy") as I started out the day. And I thought it more important to share and receive joy from my wife and children and spend time with them, no matter how much we're plugged into certain devices, than I did getting to a Christmas service last service. So last night we all sat down to Totino's pizzas, caught a New Year's Eve special for The Next Great Baker, and (Martha and I finally watched) Inside Out.


I hate to think that all our emotional controls are manipulated by little people inside our heads, though ... but seriously, it's a fun and a mildly tear-jerking movie. And the "pu-ber-ty" button newly installed in Riley's "Headquarters" at the end of the film -- like Joy says, it's not much to worry about. OF COURSE our two know it's puberty and I warned Jeffrey when the characters representing emotions went berserk in his head that's gonna happen when he "notices" a girl in a few years ...


It's Christmas Eve EVE!
... Now does that mean Christmas Eve + Eve, or Christmas Eve squared?
No, it's just Christmas Eve EVE.


Jeffrey and I exchanged that before I took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's this morning. And when I got to work today I read the post of Brian Cleary's about today being Christmas Adam (think "Adam and Eve") so that's where paragraph two sentence one comes from! Christmas Eve's when my family, the one I'm part of here in Minot and the one I've married into, open presents after the worship service at Bethany. And I only work a half-day tomorrow so I'll see them first!


And those won't be pizzas in the pizza boxes, David

Comments

Popular Posts