Where's that 10 lbs. of chocolate gone?

WORD COUNT: 2,430


And from that little snippet on top, you realize that it's November -- welcome to National Novel Writing Month that I've been writing 50,000-plus word texts that I'll later rectify into full stories. Some of them are already available (check Amazon or any other online bookseller) in print, some are in progress, one in lost in my basement. Seriously, it's completely saved on the computer tower in my basement. AND I confess it, I did start a wee bit earlier than the 12:01 am, November 1 starting gun went off because I wanted to stay ahead of myself. At first I felt guilty, but then I figured that I'm doing the same thing that the Dungeon Master, the game emcee for the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons, does when he fudges a player's roll. The Dungeon Master is in charge, not the players, not the module, not any other snippet -- yeah, I used that word already, but it's MY blog and I will if I want to! -- when I've got pen to paper or finger to keyboard or whatever I use.


You want to know the story? Come back tomorrow.


Today's title, and for that matter all my blog titles this month, come from a NaNoWriMo (the shorthand for National Novel Writing Month) printed calendar that you can mark off with your progress for the day -- I must post that as a cover photo. Don't worry, I didn't eat nor do I intend to eat NEAR ten pounds of chocolate, this year I'll keep scarfing bits and pieces of the kids' Halloween candy to a minimum, I have enough sugar issues ... Friday night after I got off work we went to one Trunk or Treat at an area church. Met Martha there with Sarah dressed in her Minion costume and Jeffrey as a banana and we worked our way around and then went inside. Loved the Beetlejuice costume one guy sported, one of the trunks was decked out with little Princess Leia seated and a sleeping Yoda on the floor inside, and the original Star Wars playing. Also got to go in for hot dogs and chips and apple cider ...


Thank you, Vince! I forgot today was statehood day!


For North Dakota where I live, I mean ... 126 years old today and the wrinkles are all around. Officially North Dakota is the thirty-eighth state of the United States but there's a story that Benjamin Harrison who was President at statehood shuffled the papers for North Dakota and South Dakota before he signed them, so it's not known which one he signed first. The reason there is a North Dakota and South Dakota (if you've ever been here, our population is not great) is because the legislature of then-Dakota Territory couldn't agree on where the capital should be. And from that I will segue into Saturday, where soon after Martha came home from work and I had strongly encouraged the kids (with me) to sleep in we went out trick and trunk or treating. By the way, I understand that if you don't get a "treat" the little costumed shavers are supposed to play a "trick" on the one who shorted them ... but how do you "trunk" somebody?


It's workout time!


David





Comments

Popular Posts