Don't worry. November has 31 days.

WORD COUNT: 15,643


Didn't quite make the goal writing yesterday I wanted to, but that's ok. Believe it or not, there's way more in life important that writing the first draft of a novel in thirty days! I accept that. After leaving work last night I got to Christ Lutheran where our local Cub Scout troop meets and I look around as I turn off the car and see my son Jeffrey staring at me through the passenger window!


He told me no one was there, but upon going downstairs where our Bear Scouts meet (right now Jeffrey and the fourteen or so other boys in our pack are working on that Bear badge; they're past Tiger, Bobcat, and Wolf badges) several of them were hiding! But several of their parents -- who are a Godsend, we truly couldn't do half of what we do without them there and their support -- were


also there and once we settled in with the Cub Scout salute and pledge to the flag (since I don't know where a large one is in the church or just don't get to it, this is the second week in a row I've used one of the kids American flag patches on their right sleeve as the flag) we got to work on the second belt loop required for their Bear certification, Fellowship and Duty to God.


Outline two qualities of fellowship and duty to God (re: service to others) you will practice over the next two weeks, do a service project with your family, and research a person who has outstanding qualities of faith whom you want to practice. There are several listed in the Bear handbook (which I remembered to bring!) and Jeffrey's report to his parents will be on Abraham Lincoln.


Then we got home with dinner for Martha and Sarah for Martha went home early yesterday because some food she'd had didn't agree with her and caught up on her rest, which quite honestly she needed to. She's back at work and I checked on her before I went to work after dropping the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's for the day. She looks GREAT -- I need to a better job convincing her she is.


Happy Veterans Day.


David



Comments

Popular Posts