Just Pick One Out Of The Jar!

[This week already I've had to perform my Stalin impression on my Facebook account, and it's mostly due to my own deeds for which I plead forgiveness ... I'm sure I will find or will read equally scintillating statuses from the friends I have kept. For a long time I didn't have the heart to delete some friends, so someone close to me suggested a scythe ... and I needed that. Thank you.


(Says Worf as he's rising from the Age of Ascension ritual after getting jabbed with many painstiks, but it's only on the holodeck right?)


Favorite posts from the last half of September 2015, so unlike the Bible you CAN pick and choose!


David]




1. I admit my children have not always made the best decisions..or done everything in cookie cutter fashion..but I have and will always have their backs no matter what the situation...you can teach and guide them but at the end of the day they have to make their own decisions and accept the fact it may not always be the right one...then tell them chin up buttercup..learn from your mistakes so as not to make the same one twice!! I read an essay my son wrote last night in which he stated that he wants to be a mentor to others that may be going down the same path he has traveled....I am sooo proud of the changes he has made and the goals he has set for himself!! And I think he will be an awesome mentor to his younger generation...the sky is the limit!!





2. Possible side benefit of a good flounce is that I've now got lots of inspiration for a character in my WIP who is positively flouncalicious.






3. I'm OK with myself. I'm not perfect but I know I'm worth the effort. Nothing left to figure out. I don't like wasting anyone's time. I'm learning to move forward without conviction.






4. There be dragons in galactic rotation.






5. Sounds of praise shatter prisons






6. Anyone that gets married and says their marriage is a bed of roses, forgets to mention all the thorns that roses have.








7. If you don't understand my silence...How are you expected to understand my words?






8. I am a person.
A fool.
A fool for you.
I have feelings too.
Feelings for you....
You think it's silly.
I don't.
That's why I can no longer be in your life.
So, I won't.
©-Vikki Lee

9. [This poster's fiancée] and I met a long time ago, I was rather taken with her then but she was involved with another. So many of our conversations consisted of me talking (flirting, Hard to imagine I know) and [the future fiancée] trying to do her school work. Every once in a while I would say something that caught her off gaurd and she would look up with her eyebrow raised and this half smirk/smile that melted me in my seat. Twice in the last week I have had my knees buckled by that same glance. Hair swung back as she looks at me with that smirk that reaches her eyes as they sparkle, and instantly I am face to face with that elusive beauty that I fell so hard for all those years ago. My new life mission is to earn that glance daily. You see, I now know that for me, happiness is the loving glance of that beautiful girl.






10. Funny how sentences work: when you remove “I” and “me” from it, you will see it has nothing to do with you. if the sentence doesn’t make sense without the use of “I” and “me” you have a situation beyond grammar.



"11. NORMALITY IS A PAVED ROAD
IT'S COMFORTABLE TO WALK
BUT NO FLOWERS GROW
ON IT."
~Vincent Van Gogh~





12. Can someone please explain this to me morning this is not a rant, this is I want to know because this hurts. what does "You need to stick to your own kind!" mean? I have had this said to me more than once and I would like to know what it means. Does it mean I need to stick to women or black women or mixed women all black peopleand I would like to know what it means. Does it mean I need to stick to women or black women or mixed women or black people? Or does it mean I need to stick to Americans, vets, people born in the 60's what does it mean? Stick to people that love recreations and rennies? Maybe it means stick with people that care and give s damn about conditions and others, I am confused.




13. Delete your ex, shutdown your crush, format your past, program your heart and restart your lovelife




14. This is just a post of opinion I f things got bad here in America would Israel be prepared to take in several fleeing Americans?

(poster on Benjamin Netanyahu Facebook page)


15. Doctor: And I didn't come here, because I'm ashamed. A little shame never hurt anyone. I came... because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes... on a good day... If I try very hard.... I'm not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor.
Davros: Compassion then?
Doctor: Always.


(poster on COMIC BOOK ISSUES Facebook page)


16. Been a rough month
But becoming better people
Love is more than just a four letter word
Makes u feel like u can do anything
So I dedicate my time with family friends and animals
...
Never regret being kind or silly or funny
Never stop being you
Never stop yourself from the life u want to live
Make changes if u need to
Make changes if you want to






17. You don't just wake up in your destiny, you must diligently pursue it. One baby step at a time, you walk in it (even when you're not sure). Believe it or not, destiny is built on NOs, rejection, disappointments, setbacks, closed doors and missed opportunities but you keep taking those steps in the direction of your destiny... And before you know it, you'll be on the course that God set for your life before you were formed in your mother's womb.






18. ...I'm sure there are those people in which financial, environmental, and biological reasons prevent them from eating a plant-based diet. But the majority of us are too blinded by the system or too lazy to see what we're putting on our plates. And for the love of God: there is NO humane way of killing anyone who does not want to die. Your "humanely raised, pasture raised, free range" cow, pig, chicken, etc will be slaughtered in the same slaughterhouses and processed on the same equipment as the average cow, pig, and chicken. And they ALL fight for their lives. That's not being preachy, it's fact.


19. _~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~ Clears Throat~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_
Attention!!! Hello?
This is a public announcement.. well maybe a facebook public.. any who you know what I mean. ...
*shifts from one foot to the other atop of my milk crate*

Sometimes the most easiest things are hard to do when your confidence is at rock bottom.
You have to pull your self up. Dust yourself off. Take a deep breath and bull doze through.
No one said life would be easy. There are no guarantees.
Life is what we make of it.
Smile,
Dance,
Smack the doubters in the nose.
As long as you remember that you are the author of your story then you have it licked.
Be a COMEDY!
Be a action packed THRILLER!!
Just DON'T let your life become a TRAGEDY!!!!!
You are free to redo and try again.
NEVER GIVE UP!!!
POKE!POKE!POKE!
You are worth it.
Now I am going to go SMILE and see if I can't make someone smile with me.
Your smile may be the only one someone sees today. Pay if forward and the world will be much brighter.
Okay I am through now. Back to your usual programming.
Pixie hugs and kisses,
~*~*~*~*~*~*~ heart emoticon [poster] heart emoticon ~*~*~*~*~*~*~








20. Strange fact I read just now:
Chocolate chip cookies have 15 times as much energy as the same weight of TNT. (TNT is used as an explosive because it can release energy quickly, not because it has a lot.)






21. One of the most frustrating things about writing is knowing how a story will progress, but getting hung up on a scene in between the beginning and the end. I always write my stuff in order, I don't skip around because when I've done that in the past I've ended up scrapping a lot of stuff and being annoyed by the wasted time and effort. But yeah...right now I'm stuck on an important scene that's I've been procrastinating on all month and it's just so aggravating.





22. Do not go to sleep and let a taco bell marinate in your stomach.







Comments

Popular Posts