Statehood is something I wouldn't wish on any man.

WORD COUNT: 1,677

[And today's title has nothing to do with my posts of favorite posts and readings from my own last half of October, but I'm going to put it into what I write today for my National Novel Writing Month story "Threnody" to commemorate North Dakota's entry as one of the United States. A lot's happened in 127 years -- Statehood Day for us is November 2, 1889 -- and in our novels a lot can happen in 127 words! I'm working on that. -- David]

1. During a robbery in Guangzhou, China, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you."
E...veryone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.
When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery and not a rape!"
This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on what you are trained to do!
When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big brother, let's count how much we got."
The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"
This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!
After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him: "Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.
This is called "Swim with the tide.” Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!
The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."
This is called "Killing Boredom.” Personal Happiness is more important than your job.
The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million. The robbers were very angry and complained: "We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"
This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold!"
The bank manager was smiling and happy because his losses in the share market are now covered by this robbery.
This is called "Seizing the opportunity.” Daring to take risks!
So who are the real robbers here?



2. So last night, after reminding me as I lay in bed that I had to pack my son's lunch (I got up and did it), then reminding me I had to write a grocery list (I got back up and did that), my brain decided to drop a story idea on me: A super-strong demigod (like Hercules or Superman), gets adopted by a family of mortals. He grows up learning to control his strength and yearning to be a hero. But his adoptive dad is a dentist and REALLY wants him to be in the family business, and the kid is amenable. He does fine in dentist school until it comes to actually dealing with real-live patients -- his nerves means he has problems controlling himself, and... well, not-so-good things happen.
Despondent, he falls back on his second life's ambition, heroing. He battles a giant who is rampaging across the countryside, and in the fight he knocks out the giant's tooth. Turns out that was 80% of the giant's problem, and the dentist-turned-hero volunteers to look at the rest of his mouth pro bono. His reputation preceeds him, and he finally finds a clientelle who can withstand his strength, and he's doing good at the same time!
... oh, my brain added, he's just a throw away side character. Now the rest of the book goes like....
I hate my brain sometimes. Anyone else have evil brains who like to drop stuff on them late at night?



3. If you're voting third party, do us all a favor, and look at this.
Maybe some of the finer points will get across. Listening to John Oliver talking sense is always more popular that reading what someone who's not John Oliver has written on the subject (and, while I still miss Jon Stewart, I'm glad someone had picked up the mantle).
But, already having a pretty good handle on both Stein and Johnson, this may help illustrate while I'm far more disappointed in friends who are v...oting for one of them than I am in either party for nominating the candidates they have.
Don't cry... This isn't bullying. Pointing out the actual problems with your candidate isn't bullying. In the end, you can vote for whoever you want, and I'll ardently support your right to do so.
But, in the meantime, it's my duty as an American to try to convince you of my position, just as it's your duty as an American to try to convince me of yours. And you might want to try something more convincing than just regurgitating the same smear campaign bullshit the Republican party has been dumping on Clinton for over 12 years.
And, if actually taking a sober look at everything involved, you still feel like Johnson or Stein is the better choice - as I said, I'll certainly support your right to vote that way.
And, I'll remember - I won't be able to help but remember - your keen grasp of the situation every time anything like politics, economics, sociology, propaganda, cognitive science, or anything harder than peek-a-boo comes up as the topic of conversation.

(Poster, 101716, 1535 hrs, re: Third Parties: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO))




4. Siri what should I wear for Halloween?
"If you go as a general relativity theorist, you can distort the perception of time and storage so that you don't have to show up."






5. no,no,no,no,no it kim kardasian and bone thugs in harmony





6. You are the architect of your own misery. Ready to start rebuilding.





7. Better be safe than sorry.
I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION to the Police, the NSA, the FBI and CIA, the Swiss Guards, the Priory of Sion, the inhabitants of Middle Earth, Agents Mulder & Scully, the Goonies, ALL the Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, the Mad Hatter, Chuck Norris, S.H.I.E.L.D, The Avengers, The Illuminati, The Men in Black, X-Men, The Ghost Busters, The Justice League, Gandalf and Dumbledore, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and all the members of Van Halen (even Sammy), ...Voltron, The Shirt Tails, the Thunder Cats, Dr.Who, Hart to Hart, Mystery Inc. (Scooby Doo), James Garner, Angela Lansbury , the WWF, and EPA and even Magnum P.I., He-man, Neo, Blade, and the Boondock Saints to view all the amazing and interesting things that I publish on Facebook.
(No need to include BATMAN, because I'M BATMAN)
I'm aware that my privacy ended the very day that I started Facebook, I know whatever I post can and usually does get shared, tagged, copied and posted elsewhere. If I don't want anyone else to have it I don't post it....and yes I stole this post from someone else's page.

Addendum per @[Poster's Friend Poster]:
But, but...what about the Guardians of the Galaxy???...don't risk a legal loophole....
Adding Guardians of the Galaxy, and Wonder Woman!





8. met you [not me!] on fubar. My first impression hes cute, darn he married (lol) I like that ur a writer/ author favorite memory and still watching it kids grow





9. Conversations while [this Poster was] shopping with [her son]:
"Mom, what does cranberry juice taste like? Can you color with those {crayon}berries?" 😂🖍
🍒

10. My girly-girl wearing pink and purple...and holding a snake.



11. This week I am [again, not me] working in Latvia, on the Baltic coast. During the 1960s, when this place was still part of the Soviet Union, this town, Jurmala, was a favourite holiday destination of Nikita Khrushchev and Leonid Brezhnev. Here's a picture of the cold and windswept beach I took today - I'm sure it's much more inviting during the summer! The area is known for the Art Nouveau style of its wooden holiday houses, although one I passed today (shown below) was clearly in need of repair. Unlike St. Petersburg, there appear to be no statues of Lenin in Jurmala





12. So my boyfriend of two years isn't a reader. He likes books, but since he reads slowly he can't get into them. He doesn't read, doesn't write, but has always been 110% supportive.
And then yesterday... Oh my gosh. We wanted to play DnD with some friends, but we didn't have any of the material. So he... creates an entire world. Huge backstory. Hundreds of interconnected subplots. Characters with plot twists that won't even show up in out Campaign. Pulls out maps he drew in one evening, things that are super complex and beautiful. He created an entire world, and still thinks he's not a writer.
Guys. I think he's the one.




13. I agree...do not summon what you cannot banish

14. How long does it take to completely use up a yellow-bodied, black-capped BIC Classic fine point pen?
Apparently, 122 A4 sheets of paper (single-sided).
Bugger. I need a new writing pen.


15. Im probably jinxing myself when i say this, also its 2:16am and cant be bothered sleeping.
I know i should be looking for a job. I know i should be going to the gym.
But right now here i am talking to you all and also writing. Because ideas and the flow of them are fleeting.
Seeing everyone here having fun, saying they have written their word count, asking questions about character development and so on, is amazing.
This is also what kicks me in envy, the fact i could be doin...
g something that i love rather than something that contributes to money and dull days. (Eat, sleep, work)
You guys and many authors are what inspire me at the end of the day. To get my writing out there.
Whether it is crap or perfected (what even is that word anymore?)
So ill either sleep after this or focus on character developments... either is tempting right now.

16. His poor soul was flooded with pleasure that one friend was all that a man needed in order to be well-supplied with friendship.

(Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan)

17. What a powerful witness to be able to say, "Because God's gift of grace is free, so is this gift."

(Lucille "CeCe" Mills, 102916, Christ In Our Home)

18. Happy Samhain! Blessed be all my lovely people! Enjoy your day and be very careful for the veil is thin and we need to respect that

19. I don't like oil and I like clean water but I'm not certain this issue clearly favors the protesters.

All the rules were followed, public hearings were held and okayed.

The treatment of these protesters is deplorable, but they should've mobilized during the public input stage of this process, not after half of the thing was already built.

It seems extremely inappropriate to expect our elected officials to act against and null established laws. They are not emperors, and we shouldn't expect them to be.











Comments

Popular Posts