E, I Will Educate Me NOW!



WORD COUNT: 14,779


Eighteen years ago ...


Exodus 35-37                                                                November 10
the colonoscopy; Alonzo STP                                       9811.10


And he hath put in his heart that he may teach, both he, and Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. 35:34


For [all] the stuff they had was sufficient for all the work to make it, and too much. 36:7


And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it:
And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a crown of gold to it round about. 37:1-2


Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. Psalm 7:9


Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many. Proverbs 4:10

Send in the Marines -- at 223 years old, still going strong and still standing (most of them, anyway) for what is right with America!


I don't remember a lot about yesterday after getting home (I'm writing this 1007 hours Wednesday), but the sedative hadn't worked its way through all night. I wasn't so much tired, but my reflexes were slow enough that I was told not to drive. Now do my duty.


[And what else is on this three-page journal entry of mine? A lot in the margins which was long to render here, quotes from Patricia Lazalde, Patrick Stewart, and Jim Morrison, and a two-page news article titled " 'Veteran' takes one last shot at recognition' " about John Komarczyk, a then (in 1998) 74-year-old Port Orange, Florida resident who was an American who served in the Allied Forces in the Russian army during World War II, and that's where the snag was in recognizing his veteran status -- he didn't fight for the United States. As of his death in 2011 (I looked it up) I don't know if it was ever resolved in Mr. Komarczyk's favor.]


Home to cheeseburgers and mac and cheese ...


That was dinner last night -- not the two of them mixed, but individually which I appreciated. "Hot dish" which seems to be a staple up here I've never quite gotten into. Which does not make me an evil person, no matter what some family members say. I wanted to SO be further along on this, but other things have to be done, I appreciate that. Reviews of books I've read while I am in the process of writing another one for National Novel Writing Month I'm way behind on, so just listing them might be easier. You figure it out -- if I come back later in more detail, I'll do so.

Remember your ALA bibliography style; I include the ISBN numbers as a courtesy! ;)


Bendis, Brian Michael. All New X-Men: Yesterday's X-Men. Penciled by Stuart Immonen. New York: Marvel Worldwide, Inc., (1), 2015.


ISBN 9780785166375

Gauld, Tom. Mooncop. New York: Drawn & Quarterly, 2016.


ISBN 9781770462540

Indiana Jones Omnibus. Milwaukie, OR: Dark Horse Books, (1), 2008.


ISBN 9781593078874
North, Ryan. The Incredible Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Power. Art by Erica Henderson. New York: Marvel Worldwide, Inc., 2015.


ISBN 9780785197027

Walker, Robert Martin. Politically Correct Parables. Kansas City: Andrews and McMeel, 1996.


ISBN 0836214404


Thursdays I go to Coffee With The Boys where it's usually young men from Bethany -- I'M GETTING GRAY IN MY HAIR? -- who have the time in the mornings or can take a few minutes while they're working there, as Pastor Gerald and Tim the church custodian did -- and over coffee and treats bring us various issues of the day or go off on really wild tangents.

In the words of Star-Lord, a bit of both.

I appreciate wild tangents, and so will my characters from "Threnody" once I work them in. Scope mouthwash has seventeen percent alcohol, and you can dilute Lysol and make it more ... shall we say, acceptable as an inhalable drug with Coca-Cola. I asked Pastor Gerald next to me sotto voce when either of those facts would get worked into his sermon. He replied, "Don't hold your breath."

Which considering those salient facts, would take a great title for that message!

This came up in a discussion about medical marijuana which was one of our state ballot measures this past Tuesday. Which passed, though the line between recreational and medicinal use is still blurry. I remember Alan there remarked that the only difference was a smile on your face.

Oh, and in Chile under Pinochet one way used to extract information from people involved a box spring mattress and a magnet. And there's another point dang it why did I not bring my notebook to write this down in and incorporate into my story? Ah well, one benefit of writing this out is to go off on tangents I don't think anyone expects.


Including me, David

Comments

Popular Posts