My November Surprise And Other Thangs

WORD COUNT: 23,525


I left home this morning with the kids going to school for a half-day and Martha with her left leg elevated due to a numbing sore on it that's bothered her for a few days. Some thangs ... pardon me, things are definitely going around, I've heard a lot of hacking and hard swallowing. So far, nothing from me, thought last night I felt like I was staring at a lot of blank pages and didn't WANT to write any of it down.  But I'd already written the lion's share of this post today collecting favorite lines of mine from all over!


Words, words, words, sometimes I am so sick of words!


David


1. My daughter reported the results of Minot High School's mock election tonight to us at dinner. Donald Trump: 350ish. Hillary Clinton: 150ish. Gary Johnson: 75. Jill Stein: 7.
My only surprise in this is that 7 kids in Minot know Jill Stein.





2. This is my first novel, and I've always heard that the first one is usually largely autobiographical. So I'm writing and really disliking the main character, she is a real jerk. Then I realize her obnoxious behaviour is pretty familiar. And then I realize, yep, it IS autobiographical. Yikes.


3. Life is the ocean n we r the sail boat just sailing over it make sure u dont let ur anchor down n not pull it back up u don't want 2 stay there for the ocean is very big 2 sit in one place..




4. Got stuck in a fighting scene so uh, I decided to sketch out armor. SO I AM STUCK ON that too! What should her bottom be? Spartan skirt? Tights? Suggestions welcome! ^^

5. Things I am thankful for today - coffee.
That by this time next week, the political CRAPfest will not clog my feed. By then we will have come to terms with what the next four years will mean for America. Although, today also means the beginning of the season of stupidity for exiting presidents. What stupid CRAP will this exiting president do in his last few days of office?
Friends - regardless of their political views, personal lifestyle choices, what genetalia they posess, or their ethnic background.
And coffee.



6. "Evaluation" . . . that's what happens when it's your own side. It's only "interrogation" when it's the enemy. They teach you how to resist the enemy, how to protect your mind and spirit. They don't teach you how to resist your own people, especially people who think they're trying to "help" you see "the truth".


(Max Brooks, World War Z)




7. going too watch the end of The Mentalist... Sleep with angels and without bedbugs






8. Christians: the world is watching our reaction to the results. Be careful how you represent Christ. If it will not bring Him glory, please do not post it.





9. There's such a complete lack of substance to all foreign and domestic policy that It's almost like that didn't matter this time around. What's your plan for _______? I don't know, but we're going to MAKE IT GREAT! What are you planning on replacing the Affordable Care Act with? Who knows, but it will be awesome!

One would hope that the enormity of the situation would be sitting on him this morning like a ton of bricks, but I really think he lacks the faculty for that sort of critical thinking, at least about himself. He's too thin skinned for self-reflection.
He'd have to insult himself for such behavior, which would require a rebuttal in his inner thoughts, as an ego-saving measure. Which he doesn't have the temperament to deal with, and then suddenly his ID is at war with his Ego and the Superego is trying to formulate some self-criticisms, prohibitions, and inhibitions to form a normal person's conscience and sense of tact, and it's like a twitter war by people that write at a 4th grade level.

This isn't reality tv, there's no season 2 in four years. I can't just pompously go with my gut that this has been a terrible failure that Americans brought on themselves when this affects all of our lives, and really all of the lives on Earth that didn't get a vote.
The only lineament is an inability to actually get anything done, as that lack of respect also extends to his fellow Republicans. Really, his lack of experience serving in either Government office or the Military was touted as a positive trait to people fed up with politics as usual. Whereas I see a man that has absolutely no experience working with others.



10. I will take someone commenting on my behind, as long as they help me cover it from terrorism!

11. Of course you do! Honestly, if you were running, David, I would have voted for you first! You're smart, have a huge heart, and family values.

[This person replied to ME ... :)]



12. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO WAS PAID TO HELP YOU HURT YOU SCREAM AT YOU CALL YOU NAMES HURT YOU PHYSICALLY WHEN YOU CANNOT EVEN WALK IF THAT WAS ME HURTING A DISABLED PERSON I WOULD BE UNDER THE JAIL BEEN CRYING FOR HOURS MY NERVES ARE SHOT CALLED POLICE SHE HURT ME I HOPE WHAT GOES AROUND GOES AROUND I WAS GOOD TO HER HOW DARE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE AND PRAYERS TO ALL


13. I have to keep calm because I'm a teacher. People try to bring you out of character. People think they can do your job better than you, because they're in a higher position. I think not. I been doing this for 11 years. Sit your self down and learn from me. IJS


14. "What I'm going to tell you now," he said, "may sound incredible. But then, when you're not accustomed to history, most facts about the past do sound incredible."


(Aldous Huxley, Brave New World)


15. LORD, please let us survive Your mercy.


(a note I wrote in my journal beneath my Bible reading, 111116)


16. If those affected by our actions hate Christ, it's a sign we are doing something wrong.


(Scott Seeke, 111316, Christ In Our Home)


17. So it goes ... how Vonnegutian of you


(say that "van-nuh-GOO-shun") Truthfully, I have days like that and I've lost a few people that way ... BUT it's likely better that way. Some people by association make us people we don't like, and we don't even realize it until they're gone.

(my response, 111416, 1127 hrs to a friend who lost a friend because of the wrong thing said at the wrong time; the Vonnegut reference is to what Billy Pilgrim, the main character in Slaughterhouse-Five, repeatedly says as a reflection of the Tralfamadorian philosophy of life)


18. Vader Says Doctors Have Told Him He Has Two Years Left to Live


(Wrestlezone.com headline posted 111416, c. 2315 hrs in reference to a wrestler named Big Van Vader ... me, I thought of the Star Wars one and pictured when he first this he Force choked the entire medical staff!)


19. Thanks, David! Has there been any recent changes on your name and address on the checking account or everything's the same?

Any recent changes on my name (checking through my fake ids) ... NO, I'm still David Alvin and the address is the same for me and on the checking account!

(exchange between Leah representing a bill collector and myself, 111516, 1128 hrs)


20. He calls everybody dearie ... it's his "thang".


(our son Jeffrey referring to Rumpelstiltskin/Mr.Gold from Once Upon A Time when we watched the latest episode of it last night, 111516)





Comments

Popular Posts