So I'll Be Brief.





WORD COUNT: 2,987

Nineteen years ago ...


Isaiah 44:21-28                                                                                                              November 3
Kagate [Believer's Church] of Nepal; groups and prayer for Tunisia                          9711.03

Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant; I have formed thee, thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. 21-22

Confounded be all that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalm 97:7,10


A poor man that oppresseth the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food. Proverbs 28:3

There is, let me assure you, nothing in nature more egocentrical than the embattled democracy. It soon becomes the victim of its own war propaganda. It tends to attach to its own cause an absolute value which distorts its own vision on everything else. ITS enemy becomes the embodiment of all evil. ITS own side, on the other hand, is the center of all virtue. (George F. Kennan)

This "embattled democracy" can be the church in every respect, except the church is in no way a democracy. It takes time, like I was telling Dad today, to bleed the higher education out of you -- the idea that all men, all men's ideas, and all men's religions are created equal. They're not. The church is there beyond time, and I want to be wearing myself out serving God and not dying out under His judgment. AMEN.


[Prayer requests on the sides of the page include: people in New Smyrna Beach, where a tornado hit yesterday; I got published in the Palatka paper Friday! REPENT!; the people of Iraq, a troubled land; have the courage to share a testimony, even a pretty unexciting one; How responsible can I be -- and how can I get started?; Israel and our place supporting her; Louise Woodward under watch; Thomases and Shipleys across the street; Mrs. Conell got in Friday; Ms. Gallion, recently widowed, needs our help; and get a spark control modulator - soon, or this car will outlive its usefulness!]


[[Finally, I glued in a quote from Margaret Mead: "It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never label a necessary evil as good."]]

And now up to something completely different ...


First week's been pretty slow for me, Nanowrimo speaking. I mean, yes I know who gets to narrate this tale "Threnody" -- Cindy Gallatin, formerly and still the heroine called Ricochet (think Marvel's Invisible Woman crossed with fifty-year-old angst) who with her husband Daniel formerly and still the hero called Gadgetmaster (think Marvel's Mister Fantastic but he can't stretch yet he's a fifty-seven-year-old genius of geniuses) and a few others who appear at the beginning of my first novel Progeny set five years in that world's future (I'm trying to give them more depth, but not sure who I'll work in yet; I do know two) keeping one step ahead of rehabilitation.


People started panicking a lot when the heroes came home from being drafted to fight in an international war -- really, a war between two super-states and fought by proxy all over the world -- and there were many people and villains, even though the latter knew they too would be rehabilitated, who took advantage of the new regulations from the Cabinet-level Department of Superhuman Resources. Somehow I need to work this background into the story without making it expository. And sounding too much like Gadgetmaster on an off-day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get back to work!

Enjoy your day, David








Comments

Popular Posts