We Know Each Other! He's A Friend From Work!



Watching the trailer for Thor:Ragnarok coming out this November pushed this title to the front of the line for me! Granted, none of my coworkers are or have ever been (that I'm aware of) giant green-skinned behemoths like the Hulk or super strong gods like Thor, but ... well, let me let Thor's dad Odin and his brother Loki say something about that:

Loki: [mockingly comes to attention before Odin and laughs] I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
Odin: Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death!
Loki: I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God, just like you.
Odin: We are not gods! We're born, we live, we die, just as humans do.
Loki: Give or take five thousand years.


That exchange comes from the previous movie Thor:The Dark World three years ago. And if I recall my many readings of The Official Handbook of The Marvel Universe, Asgardians (of whom Thor, Odin, and Loki are representative for their counterparts from Norse mythology) are extremely long-lived (though not immortal like the Olympians). Still, a few millennia could make you look godly.


Or holy.


Yesterday was the start of Holy Week, but I must admit I don't feel very much so. Nothing catastrophic -- I mean, there was Sunday's Palm Sunday cantata at church that Martha sings and plays bells in, and Martha and I actually got a date night (read: a few hours to ourselves) Saturday night when her sister Mary brought the kids to a local hockey game and their cousin Josceline stayed with us Friday night where we had spaghetti and watched a movie called Nine Lives


which I thank God now was a seven-day rental from our local video store!


I know, I just called them for I typed that title and realized I forgot to bring it back like I said I was going to do today! Actually, after dropping the kids off at school today -- there's only four days this week because of Good Friday -- I just sat home until I had to go to the office, which is unusual for me. Sunday afternoon after resting for a while and getting some needed groceries we got to visit our niece Breanna, her daughter Avery, and Breanna's fiance Keith for a while and it was good.


And much more in the right place at the right time,


David



Comments

Popular Posts