Technically, I Finished Writing A Book Yesterday.



It's that pesky word "technically" that trips me up.


Since the beginning of Lent, the forty days (and technically if you look at our calendar that's not accurate either; it's a good round number reflecting the forty days rain fell on the earth when Noah was in the ark and the forty days Jesus spent in the wilderness before Jesus tempted Him, among others) of Lent leading up to Easter Sunday -- or Resurrection Sunday, or Passover commemoration, or pick the term that does not offend or have the wrong connotation for you. Seriously, some of the anti-Easter messages I've seen get so ridiculous I wonder what's the point of having holidays at all, just work through the year!


And this year, the season of Lent was forty-seven days.


I counted the number of poems I'd written, some spanning two pages and some spanning one, while my computer I type this on was having issues and came to forty-one entries. Don't know if I'm going to mash two together or not, but we'll see. "Lenten Poetry." This weekend besides today being the last day of Sarah and Jeffrey's four day Easter weekend Sarah's friend Scottie got to stay over Thursday night, perhaps for the last time ... no, Scottie didn't do anything wrong, but come the end of the school year we've been told she, her brother, her mother and grandfather will be moving to California to be near family.


I hear of so many people moving out of this area it hurts.


The kids are having growing spurts (again) and I think it's a combination of that and my attempting to pray for them that makes them want to figuratively pull their hair out with us. There's a book I got at Gideon's Trumpet last week dealing with this that is in a way dealing with me ... that's for another day. We watched several movies this weekend, some we haven't seen but the kids have and some we hadn't seen in a long time. It was fun even without the popcorn -- we bought a bucket when Scottie was over and we watched Kubo and the Two Strings, an animated film set in feudal Japan pitting the title character, an indwelt monkey, and a samurai-turned-beetle against the Moon King.
Which was fun to watch, even though I don't remember seeing the ending so I had to look it up.


Let me keep going through this list of what we've watched: Underdogs, a computer animated film of living foosball players out of Argentina; Double Teamed and Minutemen, two Disney Channel Original Movies, the first based on some real-life WNBA players in their high school years and the second one of the most realistic portrayals of time travel and its consequences I've ever seen, almost mostly set in high school; Transformers: The Movie which I watched from the mid-1980s and set in the then-future 2005 continuing the Optimus Prime-Megatron winner take all bout, and then we all finally watched Finding Dory ... although it doesn't live up to Finding Nemo in places, it's still good.


I haven't been to an Easter Sunrise Service in years.


And I didn't go this year either, though I know my oldest sister-in-law Lesa did with her three boys Mathew, Brandon, and Trevor. Brandon was proud of carrying the cross in the procession, and I wanted him to tell me about it as he was doing! We met them downstairs for a light breakfast our Breakfast With The Boys served before Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, Keith, Breanna, Avery, Margaret, Robert, and Sharon went to first service. I was asked by Pastor Janet to read the Scripture lessons for the morning, and she got the applause when she came back with the notes for the sermon she had planned to give! I must find the streaming video of this service and share it ...


So this was the cast at Sunday afternoon's Easter brunch:

Robert and Sharon, Martha's parents (it's at their house, they kinda have to be there);
Lesa, Martha's oldest sister with her three sons Mathew (ages 19), Brandon (16), and Trevor (5);
Mary, Martha's next oldest sister;
Margaret, Martha's next oldest sister with her boyfriend Milton and youngest daughter Josceline (12);
Margaret's oldest son Patrick and his/our friend Donovan
Margaret's oldest daughter Breanna with her fiancé Keith and her daughter Avery (9 months);
Martha the youngest daughter of Robert and Sharon, with her husband David and their kids Sarah (11) and Jeffrey (9)


I did count that right, nineteen people.


Good stuff, David







Comments

Popular Posts