Great, I've Probably Put Myself On A Watch List.



Last night as the kids went to bed I told them a riddle.


And when they tried to answer it I told them they were overthinking it. Let's see how you do with it. (NO, I am not putting the answer in here! Ponder it and come back tomorrow.) Two trains are going on a single track in opposite directions. Yet there's no accident, everyone lives as they go through a dark tunnel. How is that possible? Sarah and I are getting good at stumping each other with riddles, whether we make them up or have (most likely) read them and written them down so we don't have to remember them. See, I did learn something from Dr. Jones!

What is a terrorist?


And WHY do I want to type that word with a single r making it "terorist"? Anyway, this was the question Jeffrey asked me yesterday at lunch. Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I were sitting in Burger King after church and caught a clip about the bombing in France on the eve of that country's presidential election (down to a run-off in two weeks' time between a politically far-right Le Pen and the centrist Macron; what in the United States I suppose we'd call the conservative's conservative and a semi-realist) and I came up with an answer that as I said it wasn't I felt much of an answer. Someone who uses violence to achieve their goals and doesn't care who gets in their way or who dies.


Unfortunately in our world these days, that can be anybody.  


I'm trying to find how who the BLEEP is responsible for the snowfall here in our area this weekend! Of course, as I look outside writing this there's very little snow on the ground but we're due for some throughout the week. And of course cold ... fortunately we got our Town and Country van which desperately needs four new tires down to Wal-Mart Saturday afternoon. Never mind that our passenger side front rim was busted so it wouldn't take a new tire on it -- or get the one already on off, I expect -- but the people at Auto Care did let us keep the van there (driving on bad tires would be quite unsafe) and we've alternated between our own Lumina and my in-laws' HHR this past week.


We're slated to get it out today and I rejoice!


I suspect Martha and the kids and Robert and Sharon (my aforementioned in-laws) are rejoicing too! I would just like to have Sarah and Jeffrey less tripping on and smacking each other. It seems Sarah does more of it, at least that's what I'm told. Anyway, I remember what I wanted to write about last week ... we are so spoiled by our Keurig coffeemaker (that is, once we actually got the adapter we needed for it last week) yet we have to learn to get the right single-serve coffee for it, lest it be miles too strong or uber-sweet! Even for me, though Martha's more the cappucino drinker in our house. As for the kids, they are stirred up enough I think.


And with five weeks of school left before the summer,

David

Comments

Popular Posts