INSERT TITLE HERE



We got our latest church directory photo taken in August yesterday!

Saturday morning, the kids and I were just coming from Breakfast with the Boys at church (twenty there for breakfast, fifteen stayed for our Bible study on Jesus healing the ten lepers from Luke 17:11-19) and I stopped at Town and Country Credit Union to make a deposit and at Sarah and Jeffrey's behest bought two raffle tickets for the Y's Tough Enough to Wear Pink campaign -- seriously, hasn't a cure for cancer been found yet? not a treatment, a CURE -- and put them both in my and Martha's names into one of the bags from which Lori who works up front pulled all the tickets and is contacting the winners of the different items. The kids put both their tickets that they filled out in the bag for a kids' fun pack that includes several free passes to area attractions, two card games, various snacks, and all together a $250 value!


I walked in Town & Country and learned I had won.


I hope it's not too off-putting that several people there recognized me the minute I walked in! But it's good to live in a town where most people recognize you where you frequently do business or fellowship -- or at least if they don't, are friendly enough. I showed the gift basket to Martha after I got out of Town & Country and we both know the kids will be tickled pink when they see it tonight! And tonight and tomorrow and next Monday and Tuesday after work I'll be picking up the kids at their aunt my sister-in-law Margaret's place on the northeast part of town. The change in plans comes from Grandpa Robert and Grandma Sharon being on the road with their newly graduated third oldest grandchild Mathew -- this would be Allan and Lesa's oldest -- for Robert's annual USS Stoddard Navy reunion, held this year in Portland, Maine.


As I told the kids, where Storybrooke also is.


For those who don't get the Once Upon A Time hometown reference, I pity you. Don't worry, I'll be getting back to how what I thought would be a lackluster season has gotten off to a ... start another day. Now where does today's title come from? After church yesterday when we got home from our second 11 am worship service and picked up the kids' Halloween costumes from Kmart (Sarah's going to be an emoji, and Jeffrey's a red M&M) we got home and pretty much pandered off to our own doings. I'm finishing the second part of this BLT salad I got at Trinity yesterday for lunch today and finding out how to instruct Sarah and Jeffrey further in the Holy Scriptures while Robert, Sharon, and Mathew started out from DeForest, Wisconsin early this morning and as I finish up with maybe a fifth of what I'd intended to write about that it's already lunchtime!

David

Comments

Popular Posts