Bags In Front Of My Eyes

Sixteen years ago ...

Psalm 32:1-7                                     April 24
Martha teaching; Discipleship        10204.24

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 1

Today I'm going to find out when I can get the [Honda I drove at the time] Accord. I'm excited -- about as excited as I am about Martha coming [to Florida where I lived at the time] in 17 days! Lord, please help me be motivated to make the changes in my life that I'll be making; help me not be scared because You're here today. Amen.

[prayer request here for 20 Colorado students]

And at this time ...

I choose to tell you about the Book Sale at Minot Public Library this weekend, where the last three hours were a Bag Sale where you can fill a bag for three dollars. And really, I was going to buy just one bag ... but some of them looked so good that I filled another one. And there are so few pleasures in my wilder years that I don't look at book sales as stocking up -- I look at them as challenges! 

The challenge is: how many books can I fit in one bag without it bursting?

Between two bags, the final count was 118. As I told a co-worker on this the beginning of my forty-third week with Trinity Health, that means I'm hearing one hundred eighteen voices speak, or I will be. Got some great stuff here, got some dreck, but I won't find out until I start reading. Believe it or not, this stimulates me. Along with my family including my wife Martha who not only sang Italian in a choral production with the Minot Symphony Orchestra,

(she has no idea what the song means, but she can sing it)

I've got Sarah and Jeffrey our kids, when they're not seeking my help with homework ... without SAYING they're seeking my help (smells like pre-teen spirit) playing outside now that the snow's actually melting, hallelujah! At church yesterday we finished Bible study with the book of 1 Samuel with the death of Saul, the first king of Israel. We'll start again in fall on year two of three going through book by book, and we're learning a lot.

So am I, everywhere.

David

Comments

Popular Posts