Wasp Stings And Sunburns And Pizzas, Oh My!


I even have a title you can sing today!

Monday, Jeffrey got the wasp sting while he was at my in-laws' house for the day. It stung him outside the door where his right middle finger meets his hand, so it swelled for a while and it's still a little hard to end. Tuesday the kids' aunt Mary (my sister-in-law; I also have an aunt Mary in Kentucky, my mom's sister, who is their GREAT aunt Mary) brought them and Josceline and Avery to the reopened pool in Roosevelt Park near my in-laws' house! Alas, they either did not go out with -- or go out with as much as they needed of -- sunscreen for Sarah along her exposed arms and face and Jeffrey along his arms and back were both considerably ripe red.


Having the fans run and the breeze blowing helped cool them down somewhat, and by this morning they weren't complaining of any burning pain. But Sharon still gave them a bottle of aloe to use to cool them down, and when I brought the kids there early morning -- I had a 9 am interview for a program assistant position at Kalix (it's pronounced "KAL-icks", and I recall Superman's birth name Kal-El to remind me of that) -- Sarah said that I forgot to bring the aloe for them. I bit my tongue, believing that if my kids can remember to bring their tablets they can remember to bring the aloe they're using, for they will go swimming again today, and I picked it up after my interview.


The more places I can get out to, the more I'm sure to hear a yes! Now as for the pizza, after I picked up the kids I picked up three frozen pepperoni pizzas at Menards and brought them home to bake. I set the oven to 425 degrees, it beeped, I got the pizzas in, and I FORGOT TO SET THE TIMER ON THE OVEN. So about ten minutes later after I realized it (for I have been known to overcook pizzas) I brought Sarah and Jeffrey into the kitchen and asked them to spot-check it for me. We all agreed they looked done, so as I started to bring them out of the oven one slipped off the pan and got cheese and pepperoni -- Jack's pizzas don't have much cheese -- on the oven itself. But I ate that one.


It's a nasty habit I developed growing up, I eat on occasion.


David 

Comments

Popular Posts