13:35


Twenty-three years minus one day ago ...





John 13:31-38                                                              June 30

G+46; my interview with Mr. Pegg                             9406.30

[G+46 means I wrote this 46 days, six and a half weeks, after graduating from Stetson University, and Mr. Michael Pegg was my high school principal and I REALLY wanted to make a good impression. Stay tuned!]







A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. 34,35



Happy Birthday to Erin Carmichel, a fellow Stetson graduate (B.B.A. in management)! She's working at Vistakon in Jacksonville now and lives in Enterprise.


After waking from one of the better nights' sleep I've had in a while (without air conditioning, yet), I ate breakfast, took a deep breath, and went to Crescent City Junior-Senior High School for my 9 o'clock interview with Mr. Pegg. The entire process took about 30 minutes because we didnt have to gointo elaborate introductions -- he already knows me and has always thought of me highly, he said. Mr. Pegg asked me question about my [student teaching] internship, how I would conduct a class, and what were characteristics of good and bad teachers. I don't envy him the decision he's got to make -- there (now) one position to fill in social studies and so many qualified applicants. Lord, I REALLY pray that You'll give him the wisdom to make the best decision for the students, the teachers, and for everyone involved.


From there, I promptly delivered a thank you note to Mr. Pegg and congratulated him on his 5th anniversary as principal. [Which means he moved up from assistant principal, succeeding Mr. Hull, my senior year there. But I digress.] I went home and followed Dad to an automobile repair yard in East Palatka. We'll pick it up there tomorrow -- hopefully it will have a new starter by then.


Meanwhile, I received a call last night from Galen Gallimore, who is taking summer lessons at Stetson. I met him there today when I returned his book Mostly Harmless [book five of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series] and came upon him as he was emailing Susan Byrd , who's taking summer classes at DeKalb [Community College] in history and ear training while working at Kroger's. While I waited for him, I was over in Davis Hall where I met with Kim White, who had a religion exam today and has an interview in Flagler County tomorrow; Holly Capell, who's revising her senior research; six music students and I who had lunch at Fresco's (where I found out that Tammy Affatato was pregnant) -- Glenn Smith III, Janet Fetterman and her boyfriend Sid, and Brandy (from the library) and her boyfriend Kevin (?), and Galen; + Shipra, who is galvanizing the Wesley House residents to clean up the place!


Since this entry's over seventeen years old, I can keep the names intact as I may be the only person who remembers who was where and who said what when courtesy of my handwritten journal. Was this entry my first use of some form of the word "email"? (I'd sent emails before, but in the early nineties it wasn't near the necessary tool -- to me, anyway -- that it is now. And likely won't be again for a while, please keep reading.)





I'm getting myself used to getting up earlier weekdays for my new employment with Trinity Health. Heck, this morning I was up just before five and even though I fell back asleep after Martha worked out on our Wii Fit Plus -- see the family in the photo today! -- and left the office and I studied my Bible, wrote in my journal, and ate. Sarah, Jeffrey, and I got out a mite later than I'd have liked, but that's good because Martha left her pedometer at home and I had to bring it to her!

Seeing delays as delays and not denials ... dang, there's an Ensign in that. But you got that yesterday, and once I get settled as I am able to I will start posting again as I actually have time. The adventures and interactions of the Alvin household (me, Martha, Sarah, and Jeffrey) have not ended by any means! We're just entering a new stage and I for one am looking forward to it. And if I'm at Trinity as long as I've been at Dakota Pawn, I will be there until I'm fifty-eight!

But I have a few things to do between now and then.


David











Comments

Popular Posts