In The Diamonds Like Sky



Fifteen years ago ...


2 Timothy 4:1-5                               June 22
VBS next week; Lord, let me care   10206.22


Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longuffering and doctrine. 2


There's a note in my study Bible on this page: "no matter how much you do, you will make some enemies". And I can't deny I have. But my biggest enemy is turning out to be me; the consequences of my actions are turning out to be bigger than I thought. I want to pay my debt, but it's bigger every day!


[Included on this page is a wedding announcement for David Falls and Wendy Gabler, the latter of whom graduated from Stetson in 1999.]


Roger and Roberta Larson from Bethany Lutheran Church celebrate their sixtieth wedding anniversary today. Martha and I should make it to that diamond anniversary on July 12, 2063 -- three months and a week after humanity makes first contact with the Vulcans! School starts for the kids here on Earth eight weeks from today, with Sarah in sixth grade at Ramstad and Jeffrey in fifth grade at Longfellow. And with a week and a half left at Fast Cash for me, there's so much more going on.


Tonight after work and that leftover spaghetti which I'm having for lunch -- Martha and the kids helped make it and it was great! -- I'm headed to Martha's sister's Lesa's (where else will you see so many apostrophes line up and it makes sense) house to get a haircut to get my hair manageable as well as look good for the Trinity photo ID I'm scheduled to take next week. For like driver's license photos, once they're taken THEY NEVER LEAVE YOU.


Like you would think road construction in our area doesn't, but truth be known I heard on the radio this morning that the planned expansion of Burdick Expressway, Minot's main east-west artery, will be done three days before Halloween. Also that eight percent of my now-home state of North Dakota is in severe drought. And as I write this I'm wondering whether I should have made my blog by the numbers post yesterday ...

I've written before about Minot Public Library's adult summer reading program and the bingo they're doing this year, if not by that name. One of the twenty-five squares asked me to read a book about sports, and I'm not much of a sports person, but I learned quite a lot from the one I did. Lawrence S. Ritter's The Story of Baseball (ISBN 068801724X with foreword by Ted Williams) is easy to read and makes me not envy Charlie Brown managing a team!


Not that I did, but baseball makes sense now.


David







Comments

Popular Posts