What Would We Do Without Pockets?

If you could only talk to one person for the rest of your life, who would it be?




MAPS testing, a form of standardized testing in Minot Public Schools that third graders will be taking today and tomorrow, today in math and tomorrow in reading, I have no doubt Jeffrey (who's in third grade now) will excel at. I remember at his age coming down on myself about a few subjects in school, but this morning especially he was lamenting that one of the kids in his class kept getting A-plusses and he was ONLY getting A's and B's. That's not bad at all!


Could Sarah who is only sixteen months, four days older than Jeffrey is be any more goading of him than she is? This morning before school she asked me if she could change backpacks for one day; I asked her why and she said she'd given me the reason (when she didn't). AND she gets mad when she doesn't get a riddle I ask as fast as Sarah does, which made Martha wonder aloud if I should stop asking them. I wish they would see it's not a competition, I just want to sharpen their minds.


What can you put something into, take something out of, and wear on your clothes but not wear as clothes?


Yesterday was Rally Day at church, the beginning of the Sunday School year at Bethany Lutheran when preschoolers through fifth graders got started with week one of our Sunday School rotation lesson on Joseph Forgiving His Brothers from the book of Genesis. You won't see a lesson I wrote here for that story because this rotation I got to bow out of -- meaning I did not have to write one. So I got to mingle with family and others before Sunday School got out today.


Pockets.


This weekend included a coin show (got some neat items the kids and I did) and the door prizes drawn for that Saturday we went, two of them were won by a grandfather, one of them whose own granddaughter drew his number, and the third of them were won by a grandmother whose grandchild also drew her entry. So I heard. Kids came with me to the first Breakfast with the Boys this Saturday where eighteen of us enjoyed ham, French toast, juice, and coffee. Twelve remained for Bible study.


I'm impressed that the kids especially got into the ham. Saturday night we also got (with Martha) into drawing our favorite fairy tale characters. With each of our inimitable styles, we saw and guessed on Jeffrey's rendition of Dopey, Sarah's interpretation of an Oompa-Loompa, Martha's Rapunzel, and my own Puumba. Mine's the one that threw everybody, yet I admit I am not an artist though I need to work on it.


That was ... well, part of my weekend,


David

Comments

Popular Posts