Had to facepalm at something.


[And in the first half of September, there's quite a lot to do that to. Finding these status updates -- which I keep anonymous save for the last one, you'll see why -- from the first half of September that sometimes I agree with, sometimes ... not so much, I just love how they're rendered. AND I'm reminded I have some stories to finish myself. So back to work, David]


1. Had to facepalm at something. Guy gets offended on a writing website because he got called out for plagiarizing content. Um...I don't care if the website you lifted it from has been dead for ten years--if it's not your content, don't claim it as yours. Period. Someone else put their time and effort into writing what you clearly, flatly, and unabashedly stole. As someone who's been writing for over 17 years, I'd be pretty pissed if someone stole my work even if it was on a "dead" website for a decade and I'm going to call someone out on it if they do the same to another author.
 
2. Life is short and it's just a mirror you can only see as much as it reflects.so don't be too arrogant or proud by looking down on others because of their current situations things get changed with time just like the weather.Don't under estimate anyone because everyone has a great future! Where you have been rejected before.you will be celebrated soon in Jesus Name.. 
 
3. Thanking God for the southeast trade winds brushing against my cheek to give me a gentle kiss letting me know I’m no longer going around in a circle of the counter current.

4. I had been asked what's my opinion on this fracas. That woman who refused to follow her boss' orders to issue marriage license to gays.
My opinion: She should quit if she cannot follow instructions, like any other jobs, with their own set of rules. Isn't that insubordination? She enjoyed the wages but won't follow company's policies? I had to fire two extreme fundamentalists who refused to work on Sundays so say it's Sabbath to them, Well, it isn't fair to the rest of the employees if I allow this exception.
Then I turn to the bible.. for the perfect answer.. not leaning on my own understanding.
1 Peter 2:17-19.
Submission to Authorities
…17Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king. 18Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are unreasonable. 19For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly.…
Honor all people, whether they sin or not. Obey our earthly masters.. so that woman should quit!! Get another job where she won't face nor serve people who sin. Good luck on that.
She had forgotten that Jesus instead of showing rebellion to the Roman authorities, He paid His taxes too.
My three cents worth.


5. Loving myself more each day, growing stronger as each day passes and moving forward in life beyond the non/sense , I might not say much but I'm done with the bs and lies find someone else to lie to and lead on !





6. Yay, animal lovers that DO something! (heart)


 


7. Lord, I pray for each person on my friends list. I pray for those who are born-again, that you would bless them and their children. Give them the peace that only You can give. Wrap them in Your arms and draw back those who have begun to slip away.


I pray for those who have rejected You. I pray Lord that You would open their eyes to your Glorious Gospel and that they would be saved. Show them that the only thing that will fill that void inside of them is YOU. Show them that You made them to love You and that You only have good things for them.


I ask these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.



8. Don't give part-time people a full-time position in your life.
9. Why spread gossip about your friends or shame them & those who has been thrust upon your neighbor? Let's build a bright virtue of tolerance to illuminate thy evil ways. As this damp dawn precedes the gloomy day & your mercy will dispel secrets of the untold lies. The darkened halls of your ignorance has merged with my everlasting pain. Without tolerance you'll pay heavily for the harm you caused. Now come..prophecy of truth! Where cruelty cannot thrive so come quick to colle...ct your payment. To balance the scales of unjust deeds & clear the good name of the offended. When we aim to see all people as not only humanity but as one. The cornerstone of tolerance shall begin to crack as the truth seeps out...It has just begun. To rebuild my once holy temple that was tainted & corrupted. I'll guard it with my pride but shall defend it greatly against lofty disdain. I'll look for sweet decedent compassion & I'll shall gain a higher education without pain. A tolerance for others you say & my self-righteous gain to help to nourish seeds of intellect. By learning to appreciate "Life" with its complexities, struggles & it's strife. Not condoning wrong nor being blind to the good in my bleeding soul. I'll point my nose to my dear Luna & howl for I am ÄŁPHÄWŐŁF & I'll refuse to be weak.




10. and here I wish you a goodnight with dreams you never experienced before..






11. This is going to be the BEST election ever! I'm so glad I am no longer a slave to politics. I am able to look ahead and see the bigger picture and that makes all the chaos seem so trivial.





12. I'm going to start selling my hair to wig makers so I can pay my electric bills every month. They're getting ridonkulous!






13. [Mutual friend of me and this person], I don't delete friends unless they use profanity or post things from others with profanity in it. My belief is that if you cannot express yourself properly without using profanity, then you are not worth listening to.





14. Some people keep going and going and going. Just agree to disagree. Life's too short to live in constant confrontation.




15. I took a writing course once and when we struggled to edit our work, the teacher would say "You must kill your darlings" paraphrasing the quote originally attributed to William Faulkner. Conceptually I totally got it. Practically? Nope. My darlings were too precious, and anyway the way I looked at it, they were all to good to be killed. (Yeah, pride goeth before a fall and all that).
Then along came the prologue of my current WIP. I've struggled with it for months. It ...wasn't working, but I loved the idea of it. I loved it so much I couldn't look at it rationally. It was what I thought I wanted, to weave through the three main parts of the novel, to give the reader important backstory etc.
This morning the realization finally trickled through. It has to go. All of it. I have to kill my darling.

And you know what?
IT FIXED EVERY FREAKING THING! Everything that was stopping all my forward progress? Gone. The thing I thought I needed? Found a way for the MC and the reader to discover it without me telling them. WHOHOOOO!
(Sigh of relief as I crawl back to my keyboard).
Kill your darlings, friends...kill them dead.
I need chocolate.






16. The thing is, Iran doesn't ... and Iran knows it doesn't. But if they can convince the rest of the world through the United Nations, the Catholic Church, and their own ostensible allies that they ARE unstoppable ... that would be as effective as delivering killing blows.

Ton for ton, no country in history has equalled the United States of America in terms of power projection. We've STILL got the largest military on the planet and can get it anywhere we want within a day at most. It's a question, much like the Vietnam War was, of winning hearts and minds. Conceivably, we could NUKE IRAN but are we willing to deal with the fallout, figuratively and literally, of an irradiated wasteland at the center of the world? (Please see a map for that one.)

Much like the end of World War II where the United States and its allies didn't destroy Germany, Japan, and the other Axis powers (and even helped rebuild them, ostensibly to bulwark them against an expanding Communist ideology -- propagated by a former ally, no less) it's not a matter of not having the power, or not having the will, to do what we want when we want ... it's a question of where would this take us.



me, 1740 hrs (responding to a post where Iran's leadership threatens to devastate the USA should we start a war with them ... or something like that; I'm citing it here because one person called it a "GOOD and intelligent response"!)

Comments

Popular Posts