Keep On Dreamin' Of Livin' In A 9/10 World

My apologizes to Huey Lewis and the News for my adapting their 1988 song "Perfect World" ... I so want to use that as a story title, but it almost comes under the opprobrium (at least in the USA) of Holocaust denial. But that's more of a Western civ issue, which includes the United States, and I digress. Since my post tomorrow will not deal directly with the September 11 attacks and their consequences -- something almost expected in this 21st century -- and I assure you you'll type in or find some "nine-eleven" commemoration in your area, especially if you live in the USA, or at least a country with an English-speaking majority. Not that the memory of the terrorist attacks has faded beyond the pale in the rest of the world, but the question has been or should be what are we going to do about it? What are we willing to do about it?




It's been a busy day for me so far, so I'm going with the short Short version of life in my lane -- not fast, not slow, but life. Last night was Martha's first night of choir practice for the church year, and she had made us all spaghetti for dinner; I think everyone but Sarah had two helpings. Praise God, this phlegm in my throat is finally gone, it's lingered since the weekend! Kids caught up on their showers -- if that sounds weird, consider how they love swimming but hate taking baths (or showers; at least Sarah and Jeffrey especially did last school year, but now I'm not getting lip about it -- of course, I have to get them moving. I'm thinking of getting an air horn, but that might deafen me too! Again, it's a matter of how far I am willing to go in order to get an orderly (or at least orderly-running) house. They know when to clean, and they jump on it too!


Books I've read and completed since our last little chat:

Woodstock: Master of Disguise. By Charles M. Schulz ISBN 9781449458270
All There Is: Love Stories From StoryCorps. Collected by, edited, and with an introduction by Dave Isay ISBN 9780143123026
Burma-Shave: The Rhymes, the Signs, the Times. by Bill Vossler ISBN 0878391223
Big Nate's Greatest Hits. By Lincoln Peirce. ISBN 9781449464899
Big Nate: Genius Mode. By Lincoln Peirce. ISBN 9780062086983
Big Nate: Say Good-Bye to Dork City. By Lincoln Peirce. ISBN 9781449462253
Shutter. Story by Joe Keatinge, art by Leila del Duca. ISBN 9781632151452
Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Planets In Peril. By Bonnie Burton. ISBN 978056666903


And that concludes our broadcast ... afternoon, David

Comments

Popular Posts