Really, The North Dakota State Fair Doesn't Put Me To Sleep ...

... but like Spock in the original Star Trek series episode "Shore Leave", I can justly say to anyone that after a day of it I've had all the shore leave -- I mean, State Fair -- I care to. Not sure if I've just really got a lack of sleep to catch up on or that I just am, but today I didn't get up until about nine this morning!


Which for me is unusual; Martha even commented on it when I had to drop off her cell phone before I came to work, but she (who has to be at her main job at Trinity by seven weekday mornings) said it's ok. And it's no lie I must need it ...


Last night it was just me, Martha, and Sarah because Jeffrey was at the Fairgrounds watching the stock car races -- the kids were given a choice with their free fair passes (bought by Grandma and Grandpa) to go to one night event or concert. So by the time I got off work last night, I only had Sarah to pick up as Jeffrey was already at the races with Mary and Donovan.


I was in a good mood, and I didn't want to go home right away. I also didn't want to sound imposing, so I left it up to her -- we walked around Dakota Square Mall for a bit and especially spent time in Barnes & Noble ... the scene of her grabbing me by the arm and wanting to go is priceless! This morning when I brought Sarah to Grandma and Grandpa's before work Jeffrey was there, and he woke up about the same time I did! Albeit not as bouncy.


We read a few Minions stories and went through a Minion find book together and then walked around the Food Court and in Gorilla Games and then met Martha as she got off at Burger King (getting in a few nights a week there, more hours than I got in when I worked at Marketplace to tell the truth), grabbed some dinner and then went home to watch The Goonies.


The girls actually wanted to watch Guardians of the Galaxy which they said they'd never seen entirely, but we couldn't find it so we settled on a classic. Hey, for us it is -- although I must admit I'd never seen the movie entirely myself; at least, I didn't remember how the Fratellis got away from the cops in the beginning. Or that the Goonies got their name from the Goon Docks.


But hey, I've forgotten more than most people know in forty-three years, trust me. I believe.


David

Comments

Popular Posts