My Day 4,384 Of Married Life Report

One of those things that makes Martha roll her eyes at me ... it's simple, there are 365 days in a year, as of yesterday we were married for twelve years, and just add the three leap days. Only today, of course, you'd add today. So what did we do to celebrate our anniversary yesterday -- at least, what details can I share on this post? Let's see, yesterday we were at church, and after worship Martha's parents Robert and Sharon treated us (my family and Martha's sister Margaret and her youngest daughter Josceline) to breakfast ... well, brunch for me since I'd already had breakfast before going to church at McDonald's. And then we decided to mow our lawn because even though the grass wasn't very high, it was higher than our neighbors who'd mowed a day or two ago; Martha and I took turns because the heat varied between high eighties and low nineties, so it got hot quick! And we had to borrow Robert's lawn mower again because ours is always breaking down.





They're gracious about it -- our lawn mower breaking down so much that we have to pick up and use theirs -- but I wish they didn't have to be. And yes, Martha keeps reinforcing me that the fact I can't take apart a lawn mower and reassemble it so it works better as my brother-in-law Allan did, or for that matter do much of anything mechanical, is not why she married me! I learned that little tidbit -- the one about Allan's lawnmower -- when Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I went to his family's house early Saturday night (it's summer, so the sun wouldn't set on Day 4,382 for another few hours) for their youngest child Trevor's fourth birthday party. It was a lot of fun seeing him slowly open his presents and then the adults sit back on the deck that Allan built while the kids swam in the pool Allan set up. He's home quite a lot so he has time and the resources to redo their house and ... I would snark that my brother-in-law hasn't written a book lately, but there's not a high demand for that.




My latest book got released through CreateSpace Friday and should be on Amazon in a few days, a verse-by-verse devotional on the Nativity (Luke 2:1-20) I titled A Sign Unto You (ISBN 9781515010777). I've been asked when Kindle releases of any of my books will be available ... previously, I was loath to approve one, but who knows? On the heels of my desire to, well, really wanting to be read as opposed to just telling you about it, or insisting that people actually take books down from the library or book shelf -- ok, I'm not trying to be deliberately spiteful, please believe that, but sometimes hot weather will do that to you. Trevor asking me after I'd looked some of his toys whether I liked them (and my nephew finally remembering and saying my name, hallelujah) and Martha and I getting to take in that dinner and a show -- I figure the best present I'll get from her is her spending time with JUST ME -- while Mary watched the kids. This is worth it.


David



Comments

Popular Posts