You're too old to go to a party!




This is what our daughter Sarah said to me yesterday when I related how she was having a class party that day making gingerbread houses and today having a pajama and pizza party. Then I asked half-under my breath when do I get to go a party? But no, I won't cut Sarah out of the will ... besides, after getting the kids to school Thursday (all week their grandma Sharon -- Martha's mom -- has had to pick us up at the house and then take me to get the van at Trinity where Martha works) I drove over to Bethany where I met with several men from church for our weekly Coffee With The Boys, and I'm the youngest one there! And in a manner of speaking, it IS a party ...

Also went to another party last night; after work, I met Martha and the kids at North Hill Bowl where the various women's bowling leagues met and bowled and ate snacks people had brought. And when each person bowled their first strike, if they had brought a gift then they could pick out one themselves. I arrived just after the second of three games had started, and Martha had bowled her first strike of the evening shortly thereafter! Our son Jeffrey asked if he could go pick out Martha's gift, and she said "no"; then he asked if he could open it, and she said "no", and he sulked that he never gets any gifts. Which we know is not true!

Just check out what they're getting this year, David

Comments

Popular Posts