Tweeting, Fracking, And Twerking Oh My!



So said the jesters at this year's Minot Chamber Chorale Renaissance Feast -- Martha's a singer in Chamber Chorale and even got to give two of the toasts (NOT the slices of heated bread, silly, the raising of the glasses!) during the three nights of the show. And Saturday night after I got off work and took a nap I brought Sarah and Jeffrey with me, shortly after Martha had to leave for the North Dakota State Fairgrounds herself, to go first to the silent auction (where we won three items) and then pay for our tickets that Martha had already reserved to get us into the show.

And let's see; there was so much going on it's hard to isolate specific events. I mean, I could tell you about the jesters who went they got to the kids and I at the head of table three remarked as they sat before their salads were they rabbits whose ears had not grown, about our being at the winning of twelve tables as we sang parts of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and our table's "seven swans-a-swimming" won for the third night in a row, the really stuffing meal of prime rib for me (and chicken strips for the kids), and the kids wanting to stay and help strike the set ...

For you non-theater people, that's taking down all the props and tables and chairs in the room where the event's held. It was great to see them so active along with Martha and me, and the people they helped couldn't say enough about them -- Sunday, I don't remember so much of. Seriously, I don't remember so much of it; oh, I know we went to church and I taught fifth graders in Sunday School minus Dalyce who was sick at home so I had my nephew Brandon helping me. And that may be about all I have to say about that ...

I was supposed to go out with the kids and finish up delivering the popcorn orders Jeffrey took for Cub Scouts this weekend -- Martha did some after she'd picked them up Saturday and we brought two packages to people on our street, the latter who'd just gotten back from Denver (and noticed the significant change in our weather). Don't get me wrong, the snow which is no longer falling is still navigable, and the sun is out, and the breeze is breezy. It's just yesterday I truly slept through most of it!

Catch you on the flipside, David

Comments

Popular Posts