N Is For Nerd, N Is For Nativity



Now don't let the word get out ... Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I have officially finished our Christmas shopping! Oh heck, tell others and get them jealous!

But at least this weekend that I had off from Marketplace we were able to finish getting the big-ticket gifts, and despite not being able to set off fireworks Saturday night -- it got cold enough here that it was judged to be way too likely that the fuses would go off when they weren't supposed to. But that's ok, we had a rich ham dinner and -- the kids and I anyway -- sat through a showing of Guardians of the Galaxy which is now out on DVD while Martha and the other adults were doing whatever it is grown ups do when kids are in the same house.

Sunday, I did the reading, Martha did an excellent duet with Sarah at church, Dalyce and I taught first graders in our final Sunday school class for five weeks. I'm giving you this REALLY ABRIDGED VERSION of what happened and what I've been doing the last few days because between the near-slick road surfaces today and it actually being a busy day at the office, I really haven't had time to type up something longer. But that's a good thing, it makes the day go by faster, right?

Anyway, I had the chance to set up my own version of the Nativity here at the office complete with the toys I've got at the office. Take a good look at the picture, and think what each person there is bringing to the Christ child and what each item represents. OH, as I post this photo I will have generations guessing and interpreting ... but isn't that what the best art does, open itself to interpretation. And by interpretation, truth?

Besides, Threepio could announce the baby lying in a manger in six million ways.

I still love ya, David

Comments

Popular Posts