Hanukkah begins at sundown




THAT'S what it says on my wall calendar at work about today, anyway.

And what I have to say today here is my semimonthly review of favorite [not necessarily agreed with, but favorite] statuses and conversations that I've read posted online, with non-public names scrubbed so I don't get hunted down ...

Catch you on the flipside, Doodles!

David

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. "When you asked me to beta read this, you said you wanted my honest opinion."
"I did."
"And that it wouldn't impact our friendship."
"It won't."
"Knowing that I've never critiqued before."
"I know."
"We agreed that we should act like adults."
"We should."
"It's pretty bad."
"Can you give me details."
"The story has holes, the MC is inconsistent, and the ending doesn't have climax and resolution."
"So it's pretty bad."
"Yes. Pretty bad. Wait, are those tears?"
"Uh, huh. You said pretty bad. I've never had a pretty bad first draft before. I'm so happy right now."
"And the prologue is strong. Really explains the plot."
"I have a plot! YES!"
"So we're okay?"
"You're the best!"
"Where are you going?"
"I've got to start working on the sequel!"



2. Thats the Muslim faith for ya! Islam- Ignorant Satan Lovers And Madmen!


3. Smile despite the circumstances & laugh throughout the pain. Life is full of hardships but it is how you deal with them that will define you



4. It's finally December. Also known as "NaFiHeMo" or "National Fingers Healing Month". The rules are simple:

1. Don't type. Hell, don't even use the computer.
2. Stay in bed. Board up your windows, sunlight is too much of a disturbance.
3. Close your eyes. Are they closed? If you're reading this, they're not closed. Close them.
4. Sleep.

By January, everything should be in working order.

Have fun, and good luck!



 
5. Made a tech support gentlemen cry ~~ Getting a medal or going before a review board. I'll find out this afternoon, once everyone here stops laughing xx



6. If I love you I have to make you conscious of the things that you do not see.




7. What a day....... 3 kids ganged up on my 12 yr old and hit him several times this morning at the bus stop. Thinking I might have to stand down there with him for a while, but then again I'm trying not to be a helicopter parent



8. My absent mindness works for me sometimes. Lol god is good he answered my prayers.
  



9. Why do people have to be so hateful? You don't know my story but yet get envious and try your best to ruin my shot at success because you didn't have ambition and get where I was going. All I'm trying to do is get on my feet, just me and my boys. Everyone has financial support from a significant other or even child support. I get none of that! Just seem that those who push harder to survive always have demons trying to pull them down.




10. To the man attempting to hitchhike on I-10: Shrugging like I'm supposed to do you a favor is not a good technique. Not to mention the shrugging causes your too-tight white t-shirt to ride up over your alcohol-bloated stomach. Unattractive.


11. Thank you LORD, I couldn't even ask for more ... You have already answered my unspoken prayers!!! MY HEART IS FULL, MY BELLY IS FULL .. MY KIDS ARE HEALTHY. WHAT MORE COULD YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT DESIRE??? I JUST WANT TO SING YOUR PRAISE FOREVER!!!


12. After tackling [the poster's son] in the living room to tickle him he says to me, "Mom, I'm proud of you. I want to follow my dreams some day like you. I can tell you've had a long week but you're still so happy." My heart melted.....


13. Okay, watching Superman Unbound. As someone who never took much interest in Brainiac as a villain I never really knew his motivation but in this telling at least *spoilers* Brainiac is trying to learn everything in the universe by bottling cities, absorbing their knowledge then blowing up the planet to prevent any new knowledge about that planet coming into existence, if that is the case his knowledge will always remain incomplete unless he absorbs a city at the peek of all scientific knowledge which is unlikely as they would probably be so advanced he wouldn't be able to take them. So my question is this, has there ever been a story arc when Brainiac realizes this/would anyone else be interested in seeing that arc? If you wanted to cliche it you could have a future iteration of Brainiac contact Superman knowing that he can't directly stop himself without threatening his own future existence. Just a thought


14. Ummmm listen up couples. I don't need a hubby or my own children to feel loved at Christmas. I'm so surrounded by love practically smothered in it everyday!! Yes I'm "still single" but living a wonderful life. Now let's not have this convo at Valentine's Day!


15. I saw this argument earlier today in a forum: "If God really existed he wouldn't put up with atheists saying he doesn't exist. The fact that there are atheists making a joke of him proves he isn't there."

How would you respond?



16. Dumb Joke Friday!

What’s the best part about living in Switzerland?
Not sure, but the flag is a big plus.



17. I'm pretty sure I'm at least partially solar powered. Productivity will resume when the sun comes back out.



18. I opened this fortune cookie a few days ago that read "a new pair of shoes would do you a world of good". I don't know if I should be inspired, offended or certain that the owner of that cookie making plant also owns a few shoe stores. hmmmm



19. FAQ: The kids are great singing the songs in the play, but their spoken lines sound like mush. How can I teach them to enunciate?

A: Speaking with expression is a skill, so you really have to work on it. Spend some time modeling how to speak slowly and clearly and emphasize the right words. It’s a great language arts activity to have the students analyze their own lines, pick out the important words that should stand out, and then practice.


20. A duck is a duck, as a turtle is a turtle. If you love someone than you don't try and change them into what you'd like them to be. Should you try to change them, it is that man or woman that you love. Let it go.
Love you all, [This Poster]

21. God has been teaching me some amazing things as I listened to the Word on my road trip this past weekend..... The bible is for HUMANS ONLY. A very small percentage of people out there are HUMANS on the inside. The rest are other species, evidently several different kinds that are all walking around in human bodies.

There are different realities for each species. Some of them do reincarnate - but humans do NOT. We live ONE TIME, and when we leave our bodies - we go straight into the presence of God. We never really experience death like we think. We step out of our bodies like we step out of our clothes, and appear before the King.....still alive, still conscious, feeling better than we ever have in our lives!!!

The Word says they are MANY and we are FEW. That's way less than half. We are a small portion of the population, who descend from Adam.

Humans have been here 6,000 years, but the other species we inhabit the earth WITH have been here FAR LONGER. That's why they teach that manKIND has been here for millions of years. They have been here longer than we have. Giants, Nephilim (hybrids), fallen angels.....there are many types of creatures walking around in human bodies out there that are NOT HUMAN.

God has been very generous to make sure each HUMAN gets their hands on a copy of the Word at some point. Since He has designed this whole "program" we are existing in.....He's also designed for every single human to be saved at some point on the timeline.

The world picks up the bible, and all they see is poetry and ancient babble. When we pick up the bible, we see ANSWERS about who we really are, and why we are here. We see INSTRUCTIONS on how to become what God has designed us to be. NOBODY can see the hidden message in the scriptures unless they are walking in the Spirit..... It's locked, it's sealed - and God has to show you, or you won't learn any of it's hidden mysteries.

I always thought Cain had to have married one of his sisters, but I was wrong about that. The Word says that God created the garden and put Adam inside it. There were MANY different types of species in human bodies OUTSIDE of that garden. When Adam and Eve were cast out.......they were outside of that protection and blessing of the garden. Cain married some woman of another species, and had a son named Enoch. Did you know that?? It's entirely possible that the book of Enoch came from CAIN'S LINE, and not the Enoch who God raptured. That would explain why God wouldn't allow me study it......even though I tried three times to do so. I couldn't retain any of it.

It's entirely possible that God created several prototypes bearing two arms and two legs before He got around to creating Adam. Neanderthals, giants, etc. were all different species than humans....and were here before Adam. Cain taking a wife of another species explains alot......


22. A Toyota pickup from the late nineties posed the question to all of us today on the freeway when it asked what would Jesus do? Well, I'm pretty dang sure he wouldn't get within two inches of the car in front of him and pass them while flipping the bird. That's just an educated guess, though.



 
23. You go, girl! It is absolutely necessary to find pockets of time.

24. Your face is covering your head.
[Okay, I have to tell you that my daughter Sarah was trying to insult her brother Jeffrey before school and this is how it came out!]


25. Whys is it called WALL STREET? Dutch settlers on the southern tip of Manhattan erected a wall during a 17th century battle with the English. Years after its removal, that stretch of land was called Wall Street.


26. I keep seeing the dumbest, but most awesome commercials for Duluth women's shirts. I was laughing so hard I choked and the girl at the table next to mine asked if I was ok.. XD

27. The internet happened and we now interact with people we would never interact with otherwise and we are discovering all different sets of etiquette and that it's a lot harder to tolerate diversity than most people think.


28. The world is such a harsh place, that the offer of eternal life doesn't really have much appeal to it in our generation, does it?? Who would want to live forever in this kind of world?? Me neither.

BUT......when you learn that there is a wonderful, new world coming after this one goes down, THEN you can find that ray of hope to reconsider that offer of eternal life....

The eternal life God has planned for us is like the one we are living now....but never ending. We will have a flesh body......an immortal flesh body like the one the disciples saw Jesus in when He appeared after His resurrection. He looked just like He did before He died - but He bore the scars in His hands, feet and side.

Job 33:25 His flesh shall be fresher than a child’s: he shall return to the days of his youth:

Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

So WHAT kind of life can we expect in Heaven in immortal bodies??

JOHN 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

So WHAT is an abundant life?? ALL YOUR DESIRES FULFILLED!!!

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Eternal life with all of your heart's desires fulfilled is something that can produce HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!!! Don't pass up the offer, just because you don't want to put up with life HERE forever. This world as we know it will be dust in less than a decade. We are about to enter the final seven years before the earth as we know it is totally gone and remodeled. It's going to be AMAZING!!! It's going to be BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Be there, and give your bloodline a chance to LIVE ON - or murder all of your future descendants because YOU were too stupid or stubborn to believe God.


29. The sabbath in the scriptures is FRIDAY SUNDOWN TO SATURDAY SUNDOWN. The Catholics changed it to Sunday......and that's when most people go to church. I think it works out great actually - because if we keep the Sabbath on Friday sundown to Saturday sundown - then we aren't breaking it with all the activity it takes getting a young family to church on Sunday!!!! LOL It's a huge undertaking.... The SABBATH is the LAST day of the week, but the Catholics changed it to the FIRST day of the week. It's okay to observe both as long as you don't neglect the last day of the week in preference of the first day of the week.


30. I don't usually take 4 different back roads to get home. ..........but when I do, it's because the President is in town.



31. You can't have much without imagination.




32. Up too early..have alot on my mind and heart..But, when I compare my situation to others Im greatful..because my family is healthy, we have a roof over our head, and food to eat..we have everything we need and most of what we want..so I can say God has been good to me! God never leads you astray, he just redirects your path to greatness!!




33. Depends on the superhero. If we had, say, Spider-man by his lonesome in the whole world, things wouldn't really change aside from the governments wanting to duplicate the gifts he could offer mankind through his DNA. The crime rate in New York City would be lower, and people would move on with their lives.

Someone like Green Arrow or Batman would either have to be VERY careful to avoid the cops from taking them out, or end up being that weird guy who dressed up oddly and fought criminals for a few weeks before being arrested for being a vigilante.

When we talk upper level superheroes, such as Superman, who helped stop natural disasters, accidents, and was as good and sweet as Superman, then we would lose a lot of suffering, as we would have a benevolent god watching over us. Someone who is less pure and good, such as say the Sentry, Hulk, the X-men, or what not would change the dynamic of the world to where it could cause the end of civilization as the governments of the world try to stop this demi-god on Earth.



34. Single but not available... if that makes any sense.

 
 

 

35. My computer is on the other side of the couch......my nappy time blanket is within arms reach....I think the universe is telling me something.




 
 

 

36. So far got my deck box
Next week I'll get dice
Man this will be fun!




37. One has to be a chicken, not a cat, to cross the street.



38. Should I even comment? Jack Kirby was "dated" by the 1970s? Yet that's when Kirby expanded his art to heights no other artist has ever come close to. No one elevated his game like Kirby did in the '70s, at least art-wise. And Ditko was producing mind-expanding work like SHADE THE CHANGING MAN years before Grant Morrison grew public hair? The peak years are pretty correct for both, but it should be kept in mind--yet again--all Kirby did, for all the talk of how archaic his women are, was create Big Barda, probably one of the best female characters and empowerment figures since Wonder Woman (or Kirby's version of Wonder Woman, however you want to put it.)



39. Inspiration for a character: the neighbour who proudly proclaims they don't cook after whinging that we use our microwave too much and she can hear it...yeah...I'm plotting the death while I watch Castle and get ready for a Christmas party.



40. If you want to be treated like a adult , act like it !! Stop making the dumbest choices known to man and expecting me to pick up the pieces . Take a moment and think about what you are doing and what you are doing to the people around you .


41. Happy birthday, David! Keep up the good work, sir; there are too few heros in this tired old world. [Oh, my 43rd birthday was on December 11, and this was one of my favorite posts on it! I'm working on the hero part ...]



42. Been smiling & counting to myself all morning: made it to 3 million & now the counting is done ~~ Wonder Woman mood has kicked in ~~ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED


43. that moment you've just been bludgeoned by your moms shower rod only to realize the curtain was adorned with little Santas.
When they say he's coming to town i never thought that meant going to town on my head




44. p.s. Shaklee distributors should never prescribe Shaklee supplements. But suggest what works for them....just suggestions...and suggestions based on what you researched. You are probably doing the exact same thing as a doctor does. He just did the research ahead of you or instead of you. It is all about suggestions...No one has the real answer that absolutely works.


 
 
45. Well...resume Is Updated And Getting Ready To Make This Move soon...Excited About The Changes This New Year Is Going To bring!!





46. Objection: "I don't agree with your moral argument. You don't need God to have morality. People can construct moral systems and standards for their own actions without ever referring to God."

Response: Of course they can. But that's not the question. The question is whether an objective, transcendent moral standard can exist apart from God's existence. A moral standard that is objective is one which is, by definition, not a human invention. It is independent of our minds or preferences or social constructs. And we can answer that question by considering what reality would be like if atheism were true. On atheism, there is nothing beyond the natural world. Physical reality is the extent of reality. In such a context, there is simply no basis for any kind of objective, transcendent moral standard. We might become conditioned through sociocultural evolution to believe that certain things are "right" and other things "wrong", but there would be no truth-value to our moral judgments. We would simply be fabricating a system of values for ourselves that aids the survival of our species. Right and wrong would be useful fictions, and nothing more.

Interestingly, it's not hard to find atheists who are willing to admit this. In "The Atheist's Guide to Reality", Alex Rosenberg explains how atheism -- by reducing all of reality to physical laws and particles -- utterly eliminates value and purpose. People don't actually have intrinsic value, he argues; we've just been tricked, by our genes and evolution, into thinking they do. In reality, we're all just bags of physical particles behaving according to physical laws, and there's nothing that any of us are actually obligated to do or not do. He concludes his chapter on morality by saying, "That's nihilism. And we have to accept it."

But do we? Rosenberg's moral nihilism follows logically from his atheism. But if you can show that nihilism isn't true -- if you can demonstrate that objective moral values and duties do, in fact, exist -- then you can refute atheism.

Rosenberg's mistake is starting with atheism and interpreting reality in light of it. He needs to start with reality, and then reason to truth from there. And in reality, objective moral values and duties exist. As C.S. Lewis noted, the man who denies there's a real "right" and "wrong" will be just as quick as the rest of us to say "that's not fair" when he's been cheated. And he'll be just as quick as the rest of us to give excuses for having behaved indecently. We all know the moral law, we all expect others to live by it, and we all make excuses for breaking it -- we just don't all admit that it's real. But once we come to admit it, we have no excuse for not believing in God.


47. For the bad as in "villainous" I'm going with the Krenim from "Star Trek Voyager", typified by Annorax, for there is no more dangerous foe than one that views killing as cleansing. And in the Krenim's case, they are -- or at least Annorax is/was -- was so driven by the loss of family that he's willing to obliterate entire species forom not only existence, but from ever having existed. (Even the Borg, Species 8472, and the Founders -- the third one might try to rewrite history, and for all we know have already done so for their subordinate members in the Dominion -- are not guilty of purging timelines.)

Now, for a simply badly-conceived villain I'm going with Trelane from the original series -- too over the top, too juvenile (but then I guess that's the point; from a cosmic perspective he IS a juvenile, but definitely not a Q) and really too easy to beat, or at least I thought he was.

David that is a great and well thought out statement.

Thank you [poster's name] ... I like to give people more than "this is my opinion", for I know I can do better than that.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts