To The Pointed

"I had to go [to today's EEG appointment] to see if I had a brain up here."
"Everybody's got a brain! Even cars. How would they know how to get anywhere if they didn't have brains?"

me and Josceline, 1015 hours today

Sarah and Josceline both came in crying and Breanna and Sharon (Josceline's older sister and my mother-in-law, the kids' grandma remember?) are singing to them in unison, "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT, WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT". Then Sarah and Josceline tell them that Jeffrey called them "stupid" to which Sharon responds, "Well, if you're not [stupid] then don't worry about it!"

I have really got to write down what I hear the family say (though I'll admit I heard the second one after I arrived from my appointment. The electroencephalogram -- that's what EEG stands for -- wasn't so bad, it's just annoying to me and I get into a shouting match at home if I'm not careful. God forgive me, my family deserves so much better ...

Due to my seizure ... about this time last year, really, I've been strongly encouraged by my medical provider (I'm getting very sparing with "doctor") to schedule an appointment with a neurologist, but until last week it just wasn't done. After seeing Dr. Lee The Neurologist -- sounds like a children's book -- I had two, one for a CAT scan Monday and the other for an EEG today.

Last night after I got off work I went to pick up Jeffrey and Sarah at Robert and Sharon's house and they asked if they could stay and play with some of their friends who were in the backyard. And Jeffrey stated their case in an interesting way (and I quote): "You're not their son, but you can go in and chat for a while."

I couldn't turn THAT down! And a few minutes later when I was on the road with the kids, Martha called me. She had to go to a meeting at McDonald's emphasizing customer service and we agreed to meet at our local Buffalo Wings And Rings for dinner -- with five wings apiece for me and the missus, dino nuggets for Jeffrey, and grilled chicken for Sarah, we got stuffed! At a reasonable price too.



I'll find out if everything's here Tuesday, I'm told. There IS a brain in my head.

David

Comments

Popular Posts