Some Messages I Wrote To Me As Drafts In My Cell Phone So I Wouldn't Have To Remember Them


Prophecy is a guess that comes true. When it doesn't, it's a metaphor.



(Babylon 5, “The Long Night of Londo Mollari”, season 5 episode 2)



But lutefisk – a dried white cod reconstituted in caustic chemicals, is one heritage dish that has remained stubbornly unimproved.



(from a December 2012 article in the Minot Daily News)



The facts are hard to dispute. In 1900, 1 in 25 Americans was over the age of 65. In 2030, just 18 years from now, 1 in 5 Americans will be over 65. We will be a nation that looks like Florida.



(Fareed Zakaria, “The Baby Boom and Financial Doom”, TIME, December 24, 2012)



The original illustrated Alice in Wonderland in color by Lewis Carroll, illustrated by John Tenniel ISBN 0890092567 – $125 @ Main Street Books c. 1978



(I believe it's still there as of this past Sunday)



Hackers target Twitter, Wa. Post



(headline February 3, 2013)



Their story helps define who we are.



How can I lead a people when I can't lead my own family?



(The Bible miniseries on the History Channel, spoken by the narrator and Abraham respectively)



First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room.



The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see.



(Now You See Me)





I'll be cleaning other tidbits out of my phone this time next week, David












Comments

Popular Posts