David Tripping To June 18, 2001


Twelve years ago …



2 Peter 1:12-21 June 18

17 days [to my flying to see Martha]; VBS, day 1; Kay in Aberdeen 10106.18



Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 20,21



Today is the day I will make a difference in people's lives! I'm told to expect a class of thirty and bring boxes – I pray Carol and I and the rest of the teachers can do enough to touch some children's lives. We want them to believe, and it's tempting to make them believe our (the grown-up) way and forget what childhood was like. How we enter the kingdom …



We had 141 children show up for Bible School [at Howe Memorial UMC in Crescent City, Florida] today, and we made it! The class I'm helping with alone had 25 kids, and it was fun (even with the adults) to teach them and play in groups. Too easily we forget what it's like to be children ourselves – we grow up and we miss out on what's important in life. I miss that quality in myself sometimes.



Who is my neighbor? Whoever I can reach out to with some speck of kindness and give some shred of dignity – and that's the theme and outreach of this week. Good Neighbor Tours taken often can make us all better neighbors, even when we don't want to be so nice. We can always be prepared to give; it is better than just receiving.

Comments

Popular Posts