The Slightest Improvement

Thirteen years ago ...

Isaiah 30:8-17.                                                    January 27
northern IL and northwestern IN speakers.        10501.27

For thus sanity the LORD GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. 15

Matthew 18:1-20; Exodus 16-18

Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."

Last night after work the LYO went to Trinity Nursing Home and played card games and Yahtzee with some of the residents. We had a lot of fun, and Tami, of course, got photographs of the whole thing.

[I pasted a copy of this year's account of Voice of the Martyrs' report on North Korea on the same page. And on the facing page ...]

Brown, Sandra. The Rana Look. New York: Bantam Books, 2002.

The re-release of the author's 1986 work places world-famous supermodel Rana Ramsey out of the spotlight for a while. While staying in disguise at a Galveston, Texas boarding house, Rana rebuffs the advances of Trent Gamblin, her landlady's nephew recovering from a football injury. But as time passes, Rana and Trent find kindred spirits in each other and come to fall in love. I didn't think it would be as good a story as it is, but the author knows how to tell a story in just enough words to get it across. Gratuitous sex doesn't come across that way, and the characters come across as flawed but full human beings, not stereotypes.

What, you're surprised that I used to read romantic authors?

It was a long week at work, and I'm just mildly frustrated that for at least the next month -- until my next neurology appointment, for apparently I've not been to one since 2015! -- I won't be allowed to drive (doctors' orders). It's not as though I've never operated under such a restriction due to seizures before, albeit very infrequent seizures, but it takes something away from being an adult for me. And sometimes I don't care who knows it, like I didn't at our mens' Bible study after Breakfast with the Boys this morning. I'm told it's ok and even honest to express frustration like that, but for me there's something wrong with it.

So one David is unique, maybe even special. But a hundred of me? A thousand of me?

Here I sit typing this as our daughter Sarah's finishing her shower and Martha is helping our son Jeffrey practice on his trombone as we learn whose dish is chopping block after a day out at church (more for me; after that men's Bible study another group hosting "Bible Study for Dummies" that's going through thematically and I'm at met in our church library and went through Deuteronomy there and later all of us attended a father and son baptism at another church!) and I'm knowing I need to write out what I promise I will do. I need to stop feeling guilty about taking any rest at all -- living one day at a time doesn't mean I have to do everything in one day.

Does it?

David

Comments

Popular Posts