Nine Ladies Dancing

Sixteen years ago ...

Psalm 107:1-7                         January 3
our leaders, for courage.        10201.03

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed [out of] the hand of the enemy;
And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south. 2-3

I came back early yesterday morning from Dad and Susan's, and I could not open my eyes for another three hours afterward. Then I came to work and I started reading (as I like doing -- a little too much sometimes); I came to Voice of the Martyrs' prayer map and needs, and I found more what I wanted to do; I just need to act.

[There is a prayer request at the bottom of this page in my journal for "improving in Turkey".]

Wood, N. Lee. Faraday's Orphans. New York: Ace Books, 1997.

As for the most misleading title, most inflexible characters, and most plodding storyline, I'm afraid this book takes top honors. Set in mid-23rd century Pennsylvania long after a shift in the earth's magnetic field forces people to live in domes or scrub for survival Outside, the novel is well-researched mechanically and geographically. However, Berk the pilot crashing Outside and "befriending" the wild child Sadonya could have been told with a lot less filler (about 150 pages worth). It doesn't really come across whether this novel is supposed to be a story or a research paper.. Berk, Sadonya, and other characters seem hard to care for either way.

[Prayer request at the bottom of this page for "school starting today!"]

Jeffrey's tablet is charged at "89% ... and it's 8:09" as I write this! He called it a conspiracy ...

So from here I'm considering -- when I'm not posting new and old Ensigns -- typing up past entries from my handwritten journal instead of just the Throwback Thursday entries I've been doing based on my Wii Fit Age, the measurement our Wii Fit Plus calculates based on my balance, fitness, and weight. So today I had a Wii Fit Age of 30, hence my journal entry reprinted from today sixteen years ago. It's the good, the bad, and the ugly here folks!

After work today I had to go immediately to Longfellow and pick up Jeffrey from CLC. At home I got to take an eleven-minute nap before we went to Bethany Lutheran for tonight's Church School and a spaghetti dinner beforehand -- I had spaghetti leftovers for lunch today, so I appreciate the irony on my stomach! Then Jeffrey went to church school on this the ninth day of Christmas (hence the title, from the carol "The Twelve Days of Christmas"), Sarah to confirmation,

and Martha and I stayed for adult forum, where the Scripture we studied was John baptizing Jesus in Mark 1. And when the forum leader (also named Dave, but no relation beyond both being carbon-based forms of life and children of God, as far as I know) was looking for examples among the ... I'd say twenty of us there in the basement, I gave out mine of being baptized by immersion at thirteen and fearing I would die from it.

I just helped Sarah with her science homework; that is, I checked it over with her after she'd done it herself and she said after we were done that she likes coming to me for help "because you're smart and good at science." That has SO made my night, I'm going to end this here!

David




Comments

Popular Posts