Run, Don't Walk

Fifteen years ago ...

Psalm 50:16-23.                                                   July 27
UCA - San Diego ministry; Angelo from Chile.  10207.27

Now consider this, ye that forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
Whoso offereth praise glorified have me: And to him that ordereth his conversation aright Will I shew the salvation of God. 22-23

The end of what God says to the wicked in this psalm makes a difference. God, help me be more praising of You even as I want my actions to be more praiseworthy for You. Amen.

Churchill, Winston S. The Gathering Storm. New York: Bantam Books, 1961.

Thi first volume of the British Prime Minister's series on World War II chronicles the failure of the Treaty of Versailles, the rise of the Nazis, the beginning of the conquest of Europe, and the accession of Churchill to the head of government. Told with first-person narration and supported by the actual writings of key players of the time, it's still fine reading, if not a bit too didactic sometimes.

I must have meant "if a bit TOO didactic" but I wasn't paying attention to what I wrote ...

Eh, this about the man who said history would be kind to him for he intended to write it. And one of my personal heroes. But upholding anyone as a hero never means -- or shouldn't mean -- that you cannot see their flaws. You just realize that what's a flaw in your sight is part of who they are, and the best heroes work past that and don't let them define who they are.

You're not _______ who just happens to be ______. You're just you.

I came from a physical with Dr. Albertson yesterday who regularly checks out my cholesterol and blood sugar, and to say we weren't happy that my levels remained the same as the last time I'd been checked ... that's about right. And if I don't want to get insulin prescribed for me on my next visit in late October, I am strongly encouraged to not eat breads or desserts!

I'm holding off until Sunday to start that what with the State Fair still in town.

Tuesdays and Thursdays at my job I'm what's called a runner. When I'm not counting what supplies Trinity Hospital needs and helping to supply it from our stock at the warehouse, I'm strapped to a pager which can go off and I'll need to call back to find out what else I need to do or pick up before returning to the warehouse to pick some more.

And for the first time I had it, it went off today in my pocket.

I would share more right now, but I'm having trouble keeping awake!

It's been a long day,

David

Comments

Popular Posts