I've Been Hiding Out.

No, not really. But the learning curve at my new job with Trinity Health -- the formal title is Distribution Assistant, and it's in Materials Management -- is certainly more than I expected, and that's a good thing. Just coming off day eleven there as I write this (it would be day twelve except for Independence Day) a typical day goes with three trips to ... usually Trinity Hospital, but wherever we've picked supplies at the warehouse for after counting what the respective facilities within Minot need. And speaking of Minot, this past Sunday was my now-home city's 130th birthday!

What DO you get the city that has everything?

Ok, that's a bit presumptuous. But Sunday afternoon after church and getting home for a few hours Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I went to Oak Park for the "birthday party" with dinner and cake provided, after we'd gone to lunch at Denny's where the four of us haven't been in years. The kids have been with their cousin Breanna, though ... and the other half of a hamburger Jeffrey had and a prime rib Philly sandwich I had was my Monday lunch at work. And lunch is either thirty minutes or an hour depending on when we get the medical supplies delivered on trip number two.

And there's twelve people at the warehouse now making said deliveries, including me.

Last Wednesday Martha and I celebrated our fourteenth wedding anniversary. We celebrated that with dinner the Saturday before at Longhorn Steakhouse, and when we mentioned it to our waitress Rae she got us not only a free dessert to share but also a complimentary and framed photo of us. We look great, we really do. And Sunday night while the kids spent the night with their grandparents Martha and I had our date night watching the last night of Minot State University's Summer Theatre production of Rock of Ages, with 80s music and styles galore!

Harmonious, David


Comments

Popular Posts