Día de las Madres Felices!


Today it's Mother's Day in Mexico, hence the Spanish of today's title!


And tonight is supposed to be a full moon, which might explain a few things. And after a day at work where I'll admit after getting three of my teeth extracted it was hard to do anything (or for that matter WANT to do anything) I picked up Sarah and Jeffrey and learned it's probably a good idea to let them do the talking, for getting details about their school days is often like pulling teeth. So now as I type these words after a day without coffee, will I remember the lesson?


Yes I will.


Will I remember to apply the lesson, that's another story. We got home to barbecued chicken I'd had cooking in the crockpot all day and Sarah lit up at the smell of it when I opened the door! This was after they'd laughed at the photo I took of me with my upper lip numb and I'm sure looked to one customer yesterday like I was disgusted more than I didn't remember her name. For I try to remember everybody, even though I know it freaks some people out when I call them by name.


Though most aren't.


I thought I'd have more read than I have, or at least have documented it. And I probably have but it's easy to get sidetracked by Free Comic Book Day this past Saturday -- man, it is harder for me to read as many comics in a sitting as I used to, I just finished a nine-book run yesterday! It's a craving. While I don't routinely read to excess about Hippocrates like I finished yesterday with Herbert S. Goldberg's Hippocrates: Father of Medicine (LOC 62-10378) it helps to look at the real world.


What once was the real world, at any rate.


Overall, Hippocrates (you may recognize the Hippocratic Oath doctors take before beginning practice as named for him) served as the biggest bridge between ailments being the product of evil spirits and ailments being the result of internal causes that -- or should I say who in this sentence, since Hippocrates was a person? -- we have record of. Hippocrates of the late fifth century BC was far from perfect, but he was a man for details. Details. DETAILS.


Especially on proper bandaging techniques, I recall.


But now to work on Mother's Day here on Sunday,


David






Comments

Popular Posts