What do you do at school after school?


First, a retraction on something I said yesterday.


I could be a standard politico and deny categorically I ever said something wrong and make it look like I was right, but that's tacky. It was my opening sentence, where I said:


Seriously, other than knowing today is the longest day of the year (read: the day with most daylight) I think you will survive without knowing today is also known as the vernal equinox ...


Nope. The longest day of the year is the summer solstice, and this year that won't be until June 21st. But there are some days you should agree will SEEM like the longest days of the year!


Like yesterday must have for my kids. After school they usually stay for CLC until Martha's off work to pick them up or on Monday and Tuesday my in-laws do. Guess who forgot yesterday.


I'm at work about six last night and get a call from Longfellow saying the kids are still there, and by the times I closed the office to get there myself, Robert was one minute away!


Obviously they didn't mean to forget, and Martha's dad was gracious enough to pay the fifteen dollars for Sarah and Jeffrey's being there after CLC was over. But they were at the office with me for a bit.


They closed with me, and then we made the night deposit and grabbed some dinner before catching up on Once Upon A Time without waiting for nearly a week!


This morning I got the kids to school safe and sound, and Martha scheduled an appointment with her chiropractor because she's having issues again. And as I write this she sounds better.


Short and sweet, I'm glad to hear that. Now go away, I'm working.


David

Comments

Popular Posts