But I Trust The Lemons Anyway





[Second half of February 2017. Favorite posts. Favorite reads. Posters mostly anonymous. You know the drill. - David]

1. "But the outside affects the inside!"

"No, my child, it is the opposite. You cannot always control the outside, but you can control the inside. Therefore, what goes on inside affects how you deal with the outside. Rebecca, dear, you are looking at the world apart from faith. You are looking at today. A truly righteous man -- a righteous woman -- knows there is a tomorrow because there is God. The righteous look not at today alone but at the tomorrows, which the Almighty holds in His hand."


(Kay Arthur, Israel My Beloved, p. 268)




2. I be like,

"Unexpected item in bagging area."

I SCANNED IT YOU STUPID MACHINE! *removes item*

"Please place item in the bagging area."

And that's why I destroyed the self-checkout kiosk.




3. I like to write when I feel spiteful. It is like having a good sneeze.


(D. H. Lawrence)


4. Help us, Lord, realize that prayer is the most powerful thing we can do, and anger the least powerful.

5. You may want to sit down for this:
I have gone 5 days without coffee. Not only that, but no one in my immediate vicinity has died.
However, don't think that I have given up coffee. I'm not a quitter. It was just a temporary thing with the flu combined with the fact that I was too sick to go to the store and buy any. Now that I am on the mend, I shall resume my coffee infusions.


6. Mared Gras ~~It's wearing frightful color combination in public and rolling your eyes at the guy in your office who--like clockwork, year after year--denies that he got the baby in the king cake and now someone else has to pony up the ten bucks for the next one.

7. The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.



(Niccolo Machiavelli)

8. Heat is broken at work. Current status- melting in the desert. Go on without me...



9. Every villain is lemons





10. Every year, the very thing I say I'm not going to do is exactly what I end up doing ?!?!?!?
Being inebriated for an entire week feels funny... Thank God there is only one more week of this.... Hummmmmmm !!!!!






11. the quote for the day (misquoted) "The Alt-Right is a Left Wing White Supremacist group"








12. LIFE is a given. LIVING is optional. Don`t be a passenger when YOU are already the CAPTAIN.








13. The disciples witnessed Jesus' majesty on the mountain, and this empowered them to twll about their faith through personal accounts of Jesus' love. We, too, can evangelize by relating the holy experiences we have in our daily lives.


(Karen Wicker, 022517, Christ In Our Home)




14. “If I follow the inclination of my nature, it is this: beggar-woman and single, far rather than queen and married.”
― Elizabeth [I, Queen of England and Ireland 1558-1603]

15. Boil a piece of chicken with the skin on it add onion and garlic easy salt and drink the broth if you want add a chopped papa and eat but tbe broth will do the good.... Feel better



16. I just received a text message from a friend telling me that she's gotten nothing done the past three hours because she was busy reading my novel! (She also informed me that I need to start working on a sequel!)
That was exactly the encouragement I needed today to press "submit" on my first submission for a short story contest!




17. My son just asked me if the purge existed what crime would I commit.  [From the movie series The Purge, where for twelve hours nothing is illegal, or anything is legal ... a good idea to be off the streets. - D.]
OMG. I told him I would not be part of the purge.
He then proceeded to tell me that he would find a way to hack the system and raise his credit scores, as well as transfer money into his bank account.
I couldn't help but to feel proud. Lol. Purge on my son.




18. Christianity is not asking "what would Jesus do." Christianity is asking "what is Christ doing through me......through us? And how is he doing it?












19. The idea of change is quite alluring, but also very scary


20. It's not trust unless it looks really bad.


(Karen Hancock, Arena, several times)















Comments

Popular Posts