Stretching That Rubber Band

Twenty years, eleven months ago ...

Romans 5:12 - 6:4                                                   September 11
to not jump to conclusions                                      9509.11

For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. 17
For as by one man's [Adam's] disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one [Jesus] shall many be made righteous.
[19, though I didn't write the number - D.]

Jami started her first day with Hospice [of Volusia-Flagler, where I was working through Kelly Services at the time - D.] as our new community education coordinator; Marci and Jamie have begun their new jobs too. Be with Teresa Ralph as she fills purchasing until we get a full-time person. (Funny - when did I start thinking of myself as one of the crew?)

This will be my last night home for a couple of days -- my income tax course
[with H&R Block whom I was a tax preparer for in '96 -- D.] starts tomorrow, and I want to succeed with it!


Clouds are so beautiful that I can bite my toes. When you're in kindergarten, like Matthew Howse who wrote this there ten years ago, there are no lines - you need adults to make them. And while most of them do their best, they're not God. I want to be able to trust people, but I don't make that easy.


A Christian radio program I heard this afternoon - "God's Love" with John Zeeland ? - really spoke out to me about how I act sometimes. Broken, but not humbled; our lives sport trying times and telling scars, but they may turn us from God rather than to Him. If the victims of talk shows would give as much thought to where they are as they do to how they feel (and I implicate panelists and audience alike), oh how we could change the world! Lord, let me shine Your light in this darkness.


[Prayer requests on pages 87 and 88 of this volume of my journal were for Kathy Smiley and talk shows to find a new job! Yes, at the time I numbered the pages myself! - D.]


Two weeks to school beginning, kids' bedtimes 9:30 starting tonight ...

It was great to hold Avery our newest great-niece this morning, she was having fun with the people there are starting paying attention to Robert and Sharon's living room fan running. I've even got her doing fist bumps with me. I am so relieved to be setting goals with my work and achieving them so when I get home at night I'm not having this nagging feeling I forgot something. I told you about my novel "Victory" in final edits yesterday, and you see the journal entry above me. I still write a journal, but not as much after the Scripture passages, for since about 2007 I've kept a blog I regularly update.


Sometimes those entries get pasted in there, sometimes not.


Last night I brought home milk so Martha could finish making a double cheeseburger macaroni with some ground beef I'd left to thaw in the fridge Wednesday morning. And there was just enough us, Sarah, and Jeffrey -- no leftovers. I am really proud of that because our leftovers usually don't get eaten unless I do it; we've had several meals like that the last couple of weeks. Sarah's catching up on the Australian series Dance Academy, Jeffrey on Minecraft tips, and Martha and I after the kids are in bed are doing more reading, her of pages you can scroll, me of pages you can turn.  


Details, people, details!


Tonight after work I plan to meet the family up at the local VFW post where there will be a picnic dinner organized by the Disabled American Veterans chapter my father-in-law Robert's a member of. At least I know fried chicken from Marketplace Foods will be the main course; Martha said she probably would have gotten that last night if it weren't for our plans this evening, because it's really good when you get it fresh. I say any time, reheating it ruins it -- it's all in the breading! Saturday we're meeting some friends for grilling in the afternoon, Saturday morning the kids ...


I know, I don't usually talk about I'm going to do, but the next few weeks will be crazy here.


Anyway, Saturday morning the kids will be with me at our first "official" National Novel Writing Month here in Minot meeting over at Main Street Books. Essentially it's going to be deciding where and when we'll meet up to and including November and maybe bounce some ideas off each other. I look forward to it, and there's also an air show going on at our local Air Force base starting at noon. Sounds interesting, we just need to be remembering to sleep soundly ... and the last few nights at least, I have had no problem with that.


Waking to the alarm, that's another story.


David

Comments

Popular Posts