My Throwback Was SO Off, I Only Went Back One Year!

One year ago ...


167 sugar                  
Nehemiah 9:1-15                                                      TUESDAY                               August 18
those who have lost hope                                               0700                                    11508.18
(OUR VACATION, DAY 3)

Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hadijah, Shebaniah, Pethahiah, said, Stand up bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all [other] blessing and praise. 5


Hebrews 2 - Therefore we ought to give the [other] more earnest heed to the things which he have heard, lest at any time we should let slip. [2]
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.
God also bearing witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? [5-18]

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Chris and Angelia Via (1995)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ava Grace (1988), Ron Lewis (1970), and Debbie Pilotti (1975)!

Chris, Lyle, Dustin, Maddie, and I cannot think of front desk woman's name! So I'm rested from our travels to the Mt. Rushmore Black Hills Gold free factory tour (where Rachel told us we would get no free samples and at the end of our 12-person tour where Martha and I were the only ones with kids we had the flakes of gold on the floor pointed out to us) and our sojourn to Storybook Island and dozens of photos with and of Sarah and Jeffrey ... now what when Martha and the kids want to and finally ARE playing without engaging in shouting matches. And I sit back and attempt to fathom why Israelis seem so extraordinarily depressed on Facebook (1704 hrs)

Don't f*cking slab your comics. Chad Lee Carter, 1727 hrs CST



And the last few days ...


This past Saturday was my first meeting with Brad and Yolanda who'll be with me on this year's National Novel Writing Month journey. I suppose you could call us the troika, at least I did! I bring that up from five days ago because I forgot to say something about it! As I'm finishing "Victory", a novel in my ongoing Progeny Cycle series that's been ten years in the making ("Victory", that is, not the series; this year's NaNoNovEl -- I'm shooting for the same spacing that NaNoWriMo employs -- will be seven years before the events of "Victory"), I'm also getting together the materials I need to be our area's Municipal Liaison (ML, in NaNo shorthand) who's theoretically in charge. But it will be a power-sharing arrangement even with my name on it. Nothing illegal in that.


Something illegal in lying to a police officer and outright making up a story about why there's blood on your shirt and why people are pretending to be others or walking about when they're supposed invalids? I would say so, though Neil Simon's 1988 play Rumors (ISBN 9780573691607) plays this for comedic effect. Four wealthy couples are invited to their friends' house to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary, but right away the husband's shot himself through his earlobe, the wife's disappeared, and everybody's so involved in covering for everybody else that they forget which story's the right one -- or there isn't a right one. One of twenty items I picked up at yesterday's one day book sale at Minot Public Library. I know, book sales have an effect on me.


I also got Charles M. Schulz's It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown, a 1983 book based on a 1977 television special. It's without an ISBN number I can see because it was apparently a book on tape, but the cassette's gone. Once you get past how an elementary school like the Peanuts kids are ostensibly part of would have a homecoming parade, game, and court, the story of Charlie Brown in the homecoming football game and his nervousness at kissing the homecoming queen (The Little Red-Haired Girl) is a lot of fun! I finished reading this while waiting for a special at Spicy Pie, so it's not that long -- even for me at the rate I read! And with last night's hamburger macaroni and cheese sticking to me, I'm ready for much anything!


Checked out of our library I have Julian Hanshaw's American debut (he's a British cartoonist) graphic novel Tim Ginger (ISBN 9781603093507). The name's held by a former US test pilot who's widowed and never had children and retired to a trailer in New Mexico after he saw something ... something the book doesn't seem to specify except to reunite him with an old friend and get him to admit to a conspiracy theory. The former he can do and the latter he can't. Then The Living Words of Abraham Lincoln (LOC 67-21536) introduced by Carl Sandburg should go without saying, although you're always likely no matter how much you've read and re-read collections of what the sixteenth President of the United States said and wrote and did to find something new. I know I do.


And TODAY Sarah's got the flute that she will be practicing with and playing in Longfellow's school band when school starts next Wednesday. She got registered for band camp at Central Campus with a great many others so it's Jeffrey who came from there with me to Grandma and Grandpa's this morning, where they were home with their granddaughter Josceline and great-granddaughter Avery! Avery's mom Breanna went back to work yesterday and the Ave got the grand tour of oohing and aahing there, so I was told. And Sarah and Josceline are both getting field experience in diaper changing -- Sarah changed a #1 by herself, and she and her cousin Josceline changed a #2 yesterday. We've got great kids, and the adults could pick up on some of their openness to new things.


Green light, kids! We did it!

David



Comments

Popular Posts