I'll Live With A 7 Out Of 10



While we were at The Vegas Motel for The Great Waldo Hunt -- Minot businesses' posting this month of 25 Waldoes (or Waldos, since I refer to the one character from the Where's Waldo? series?) wearing construction helmets -- Saturday, I asked Jeffrey after the four of us had watched Star Wars at home Friday night what he honestly thought of it, on a scale of 1 to 10. He gave it a 7, and I said I could live with that. He seemed to from our conversations during the movie to pay the most attention to the big meeting among Vader, Tarkin, and other Imperial officers on the Death Star asking me when the others there appeared in the film. I expected the kids to get blown away when Alderaan was blown away, but at my age I'm inclined to agree with them. Star Wars and all the other Star Wars movies are fun to watch ... but not as much as they used to be for me.


I had forgotten some of Lucas' edits in the post-99 Special Editions.


After finding the next four Waldos in The Vegas Motel (it was stolen, so the front desk person signed our passports for us!), Val's Cyclery (where after the clue it's by something you wear, we found easily), Gourmet Chef, and Video Magic and enjoying an unplanned lunch with Martha who worked that day at Burger King, the kids and I went home and soon after Martha had gotten there and refocused herself the four of us went to Premiere Video on north Broadway having its going out of business sale. Major discounts on all their movies and games and Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and I did get some good ones! So good a deal was this that Martha even called her sister Mary and our nephew Patrick, who's started a new job at Papa Murphy's on SOUTH Broadway Saturday as well. Watched The Missing Lynx, Walking On Sunshine, and Ugly Benny when we were home last weekend.


Back to the Future was totally ruined for me by Walking On Sunshine.


I kid. Sunshine was a musical released last year and instead of the ABBA tunes of Mamma Mia! it's got various pop songs of the 1980s, one of them "The Power of Love". Of course. But it's practically a recycled plot -- a musical's spoof of a musical, maybe? But also on Sunday my family and I got to take in 18 holes of miniature golf at Lucy's Amusement Park at the southern edge of Minot. The place has been there for forty-nine years and it was a lot of fun. We ran into one of Sarah's classmates there with his mom, and I could agree with what she said about playing -- I can't even cheat right. But we got to the end of the course and Martha, Sarah, and Jeffrey were in a three-way tie for second. At 97 strokes, and I beat them by ONE.

I can live with that too!

David

Comments

Popular Posts