Seeing All These Family Photos.





I'm reminded I forgot to take (or have a photo taken of) Martha, Sarah, Jeffrey, and me for Easter weekend! Though now that we've all gotten trims from Martha's oldest sister Malesa we'd probably pull off a better one. Kids have school pictures tomorrow, and this weekend I've got them on my own when Martha's with her bowling league at state tournament in Bismarck.


Wait a minute. Didn't I say I was going to NOT tell people about what was going to happen because 1) I really can't see the future, just broad strokes of it and 2) I've been handling some awesome jaw pain this morning, and I'm really not focusing on what I want to say anyway. Ok, not the second one. So while many of my fellow cognoscenti are focusing on who wins between


Batman and Superman, this weekend the family and I settled in when I got home from work -- the busiest day I've ever had there! -- and enjoyed Pizza Hut while watching The Peanuts Movie and The Good Dinosaur. The former I know I really wanted to see, the latter I know the girls did. And to be quite honest, even for animated features they did drag at the beginning.


The fact that I fell asleep through the third quarter of Dinosaur -- which now that I think about it, needed that opening sequence communicating how the asteroid missed Earth to show how humans developed anyway, but they and dinosaurs' personalities are almost inverted! -- had nothing to do with my saying that. That, and I really would like to read "Leo's Toy Store"!


(That was Peppermint Patty's mis-hearing of "Leo Tolstoy" when Marcie thought of War and Peace as a book report assignment. Turns our Charlie Brown did that.) Got to choir ... I mean, church Sunday, served as communion assistant with the bread, had a brunch of blueberry muffins and OJ, got to Martha's parents' house for the kids' egg hunt and had the most awesome ham dinner.


Robert, Sharon, Donovan, Milton, Margaret, Martha, Mary, Malesa, me, Mathew, Brandon, Josceline, Sarah, and Jeffrey. 'Twas very had to not take a nap when we all got home after going to Kmart to pick up a bathing suit for Sarah invited to her friend's birthday party Saturday. And her size NOW is the smallest ladies' size. The kids are growing and growing, oy vey.


And yes, a lot of reading did get done. By me. Even though the kids were with me Saturday on a trip to Main Street Books celebrating its 10th anniversary where the carrot cake and Mello Yello and coffee were flowing freely, and Sarah and Jeffrey have reading assignments of their own that THEY want (and I bought). But more about that tomorrow, ok?


There's the future again, David

Comments

Popular Posts