We Are Beggars.

In my morning devotional the writer referred to the last words of Martin Luther. So comes today's title. I'm sure I heard something I could use just as well, but truth be known I was so zonked before work -- I guess having too much sleep can be as bad as too little! this morning Martha had our one paper route -- that I don't remember them. Besides, I've always liked learning about last words (those whether these are Luther's last written or last spoken words is up for grabs). Indeed, it's often easier to determine those for others than their first words, partly due to lack of celebrity as an infant. I mean, Mom and Dad likely write down baby's first words but few others do.

Last night I got home and saw Sarah and Jeffrey's school pictures, and they look great! They, Martha, and I all settled in after macaroni dinner to watch the season premiere of Once Upon A Time, the ABC network show with fairy tale characters living in the real world town of Storybrooke due to a dark curse. At the start of its fourth season, the show's got several ongoing storylines with excellent characters and now is incorporating Elsa and Anna from the Disney -- oh, the Walt Disney Company owns ABC, so the show's able to use Disney interpretations of Snow White, Captain Hook, Pinocchio AND give them some interesting twists -- movie Frozen.

We got the kids hooked on OUAT -- the acronym for the show, pronounced "OOH-aht" -- last season when Prince Charming, Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, Emma Swan (the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White, long story), Neal, Captain Hook (who's a good guy and Peter Pan's the bad guy, again long story), and Regina the "Evil Queen" traveled to Neverland to rescue ... Neal and Emma's son, Regina's adopted son, Charming and White's grandson, and Rumplestiltskin's grandson Henry whom Peter Pan kidnapped. (Really, Rumpelstiltskin's the one with connections to everybody -- I can't wait to see how this works out with the sisters from Arendelle!)

JEFFREY was the one throwing a tantrum when we were about to watch it because he'd already been on another game, but guess who was the most eager to sit and watch the show with us? And Sarah and Jeffrey had some good questions -- did I remember to write these down? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! The best television and videos that we sit down to watch are the ones that make us thing; oh, I nearly forgot, we don't have a regular television but we watch OUAT now through Hulu Plus, hence our having watched the season premiere which ... premiered last Sunday. And we'll likely watch Sunday's episode later this week since Jeffrey's first Cub Scout meeting is tonight.

To round out my five paragraphs today (I've REALLY got to get other work done) let me relate and ask for prayer for Martha, whom as I said delivered the papers on our northwestern Minot route. I don't want to go into much detail -- people get mad when I do, even in a prayer request -- but she's got a nice bruise on her right hand as a result of tripping and keeping her face from smacking the pavement. And her walking is already less than she wants it to be because of some work she needed done on her left big toe ... boy, the day to day can get overwhelming sometimes.

But it must not be, when I get a good night's sleep. David

Comments

Popular Posts