Ensign: Personalize It



All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains, and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye. Isaiah 18:3

AN ENSIGN ON THE MOUNTAINS                                       10 October 2014

What if you and I took the prayer Jesus taught His disciples to pray (or the Lord's Prayer or the Pater Noster or however you refer to it) and applied it to ourselves? Not say the collective prayer "Our Father ... Give us this day our daily bread ... " as we do in church but rather see it as a prayer (which appears twice, worded differently in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4) that you and I are praying to God. I've been doing this the last few weeks early in the morning on my paper route, to claim it myself. It is making a difference:

My Father, Who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give me this day my daily bread.

And forgive me my debts, as I forgive my debtors. [Whoo, does THIS hit home -- I can only be forgiven as I forgive others!]

And lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil:

For yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

It could for you too,

David

P.S. I write this weekly devotional to keep in touch, and I hope to encourage you too! If I'm not or you want me to get lost, please tell me -- thank you!

I praise and I thank You, Lord, that we can come to You in prayer and that You provide for all our needs, even when we don't always know what they are. We pray as You ask for the peace of Jerusalem on both sides on the fence and all around the world.

I praise and I thank You, Lord, for all who are in leadership and service both here and abroad. Thank You for the opportunities we have along with the promise of new life in You! AND I pray that we are all seeking and are preparing to have the most blessed and blessing week ever! Amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts