The Bar Would Be In Seven Pieces Were You Jedi.



For some reason, this line from an exercise Yoda had Luke Skywalker do – cutting a metal bar into seven pieces with his lightsaber from its highest arc tossed before the bar fell to the ground – and the exercise itself got cut from the 1980 see-this-before-you-die movie The Empire Strikes Back. It appears in the Donald F. Glut novelization (ISBN 0345320220) and the Marvel Comics adaptation (Star Wars #39 through 44) and in the former Luke gets it sliced and diced into four pieces, so by the time he faces Darth Vader on Cloud City he's a half-Jedi, I guess … but I digress.

Now to the favorite status updates (of mine that others posted, not what I wrote, with spellings and ideas intact) for the first half of February. Enjoy!

David


1.
The days when folks had hogs that ran in the hills feasting on chestnuts.
2. That movie from Jessica about euthanasia makes me especially evil. Mealy music on the background, a sweet little girl that pathetic such childish nonsense tells, pff!
Good for you, Sir, that your daughter has become so miraculously better, but if you think that anyone who also suffers terribly miraculous cures, then I have a bridge I want to sell you ...
3. Devoted servants reaffirm their faith.
4. If you are disabled, then there's a real good reason for that..... The Lord is coming shortly. If you weren't disabled, you would have to go out and work at a job to make a living. INSTEAD, God has given you the wonderful opportunity to stay home and work for Him online. You can love people, encourage them, study with them, post scripture - and isn't that what you would WANT TO DO right now when His return is so near rather than getting your hands dirty working a 9 to 5 under an engine, or waiting tables?? Be thankful....and GET TO WORK warning the world.
5. I love those conversations with my Daddy. He never fails to tell me a rock fell on his toe and he said oh all the way to Ko-Ka-Mo. Don't worry if you don't understand it - nobody but a Griffin would.
6. I love Harley's way of thinking... She saw a family picture of two guys and two kids, while I was reading through some articles. And she asked some questions, like any normal kid would. One of them she asked how it was possible for two guys to have kids when there was no mommy, so I explained what adoption was. She said oh ok and ran off to play. A few minutes later she came back and asked if anyone could adopt and I said well yeah. She smiled and said can you adopt a boy, so we can have a brother? Gotta love 5 year olds.
7. Emotions + moving wood in fire + hauling in more = a possible pulled muscle. As my chemistry teacher always told us, what goes in, must come out.
8. no, I mean most humans WE want god to be like us--knowable, mythic, and of course no mythology can survive that
9. "Unless you are a Christian fundamentalist, in which case God made Adam out of clay about 6000 years ago and we are not made of stars."

Respectfully, Ian ... the Genesis account (esp. 1:27) DOESN'T say "clay"; it's worded "God created man in his own image". And even if we were -- the clay is a poetic adaptation dating back as far as Job, chronologically between the events of Genesis and Exodus -- made from clay (earth) we could find little fault with being made of stars because 1) the stars were made two days before man in creation and 2) we're not told what God made the stars or man of, just that He made them.

"Dust" doesn't even appear until Genesis 3:19 ("for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return"), and in that context you could argue dust = death; that is, as a result of sin you'll die.

(For other effective, albeit fictional, views on this that stand out to me right now, check out Alan Moore and David Gibbons' Watchmen -- particularly Dr. Manhattan's dialogues on Mars -- and Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.)
10. Your welcome and yes you are blessed to be a part of my FB family.
11. Miss Alafair wants me to let everyone know that she asked Jesus to come into her heart this evening. I'm very proud of her decision because it was totally on her own and none of it was about being afraid of going to hell or someone told her she should. It was all about love. If anything, I did my best to dissuade her to make sure she was ready, even though I was her age when I made the same decision. I'm excited for her to start her spiritual journey so young no matter where it leads from here.
12. I have always minded my own business and I still maintain this practice. Guess that's one of my secrets to success. I don't care for bad news (keep the lies and gossip), and I applaud good news (and celebrate others). I turned my circle into a triangle in 2005 when I discover not everyone I was "cheesing" with had my best interest at heart. I have no regrets, not one!
13. Dysmenorrhea [the formal name for menstrual cramps]
14. Ate lunch naked today. What an interesting experience... I find it fascinating how quickly we learn to feel shame about our beautiful bodies, in all our interesting shapes and sizes. I felt absolutely, 100 percently comfortable in my own skin. I highly recommend having a meal with your naked self...
15. The development of a correct perception of reality is not an easy task, due in no small part to our being surrounded by a world of delusions. But the nice thing about it is that you do get better at it with practice, provided you are committed to truth. This means being willing to subordinate your desires and wishes — your dreams, as it were — to reality.

That is not to say you should not have dreams. On the contrary, dreams are important. What it does mean, however, is that you should not allow your dreams and desires to override reality — meaning that your love of truth must be greater than your desire to make your dreams come true.

The more often you are able to separate truth from fiction in your daily life, the more likely it is that you will be part of that small minority of the human race that does not live in a state of waking dreams. When you correctly perceive reality, delusions begin to disappear. And as delusions vanish from your life, you are able to deal more effectively with problems on a rational basis, which in turn leads to a higher quality of existence.
16. Things I've realized about me: 1. I don't like making left turns unless it's to park to the left because my dislike of parking to the right is stronger than my dislike of left turns. 2. The local 50's diner makes me happy. C. I wish Rick Springfield would make a comeback.
17. And now, for a relaxing afternoon of tea and grad school applications. Oh wait.
18. Happy Birthday Luxen Edward Hoefling! 8 lbs., 2 oz. 21 inches! Congrats Tim & Kacy! Love you all!!!!!!!
19. for every surgery i had during Cancer, I would bring my stuffed Yoda and put him in my book bag, as shown above, to give me additional courage before going under. people waiting for their turn, enjoyed seeing him with me. it felt good to know i made others smile.
20. You will do great because you are good at what you do
21. Sometimes, I am shocked at what my children have told me, about the way children (and even some adults!) at their schools speak to them. I wish we could return to the manners of the 1940s and 50s. I've read some homemaking literature from those days. It seems people *knew* it was rude to point things out about other people's appearance. People understood it was ill-mannered to complain about their own ailments, their children, and their husbands, and it seems more people generally understood the benefits of keeping *their opinions* to themselves. If someone had a boil on their face, you wouldn't dare ask a question about it, no matter how curious you were, because you'd be concerned about embarrassing them or hurting their feelings. These days, a person's entire appearance is up for grabs. Yuck.

Compliments are terrific! I'm glad you are free with them, David! They can build people up, and help them see their day through a cheerier prism. To *ask for* a compliment is a whole separate chapter in the etiquette guide ... lol.
22. Part of realizing yourself is to recognize your connection to others.
23. Because I AM said so that's why
24. I don't think it's possible to practice creation in any art form without being an activist of some sort. There is always the act of translation, the act of seeing, the act of teaching. Whether that's in a simple clay bowl on behalf of the hungry, or storytelling beside a bonfire. It's who creative people are, those with the ability to see and share the extraordinary in the ordinary.
25. ok peeps I have three 18-19 year old boys talking... here is my sentence.. I'd like a better term instead of wiped out or is this apropriate for that age group? “Man! I’m wiped out. Are we caught up yet?” Peyton exclaims as he tosses back his long shiny black mane and peers over Eli’s shoulder at the computer screen.
26. Sometimes I forget I'm dealing with preteens. In my opinion, every person who attends the church needs to be an active member and not a passive one. Those who accept responsibility inside the church are the living, breathing part of the church.

I thank God for the people who've stepped up to the plate in my own church and want to instill these values in my own class.
27. INgenius!! Better than when I trapped my people underground in the desert park, and they dropped to their knees praising me for rescuing them from their entombment after I'd accidentally deleted the exits. OOPSIE!
28. We do not live in an Either/Or Universe, you are not living an Either/Or Life.
29. I'm selling my admin vote. I accept cash, credit, sexual favours and the heads of my enemies.
30. That was the day she made herself the promise to live more from intention & less from habit.
31. Well before long I'll be heading off to another shift in the loony bin, and will be so ever happy to get er done and over with so I can take a break from it.
After I snapped on one guy yesterday, so I need a break. The guy comes in, I'm already busy with a line of people standing behind. Of which he is totally ignorant of of, as though we are the only ones in the store.
Wanting to know what the cheapest cigarettes are? I told him, and he of course it's taking him forever to make up his mind, then he picks, the gives half of it in change. I count it out, and he claims it was more than I said. I told him to take his cheap ass somewhere else I wasn't dealing with it, and if he can't afford to smoke QUIT!
And even the last guy who I waited on, like took forever to figure out how much gas he wanted, I mean when I go to a store or something I already in most cases have some idea why I'm there for and what I'm going to get and so on.
So yes I need a break, some of my customers who come in say, your always here! I said i know it feels like it to me too.
Oh well thank God I'm off the next couple of days time to relax and unwind.
32. Know WHY most of the Body of Christ is spiritually asleep?? It's because God has PUT THEM TO SLEEP. Just as He put Adam to sleep to take his bride from within him - so the Lord has put the Body of Christ to sleep so He can take the bride from within it....... The rapture will wake the world up!!!!
33. Theres only a few chosen I have in my circle and I may talk with you and respond and even worry about your well-being, but dont mistake my kind ways for weakness... I assure you I am far from weak...Remember this.....Play fair or not....its your choice Have a nice day!!!
34. LMAO..FB is like the newspaper!! But naughtier!! Hehe
35. The governor's advice if the power goes out: read a book.
36. Lord i am so so so grateful to be alive thank You Jesus for saving me from me ..... i can do this in You
37. I know!!! A daddy client of mine spent the nt n a shelter with 2 of his kids! I tell ya girl this winter has been tough. I hope people that haven't been effected negatively from it at all still have compassion for those that have.
38. I wish we could enter a message when we poke somebody.
39. Some people really amaze me~that's all carry on
40. Sometimes in life its not that something doesn't fit...its just not adjusted properly....be willing to make adjustments and see how things start to fit the way they are supposed to
41. Walked to work today! My move benefits everyone in bad weather!
42. Last night I was at what many call "my dead end job" at a 24 hr store that was the ONLY thing open last night. I was honored to serve coffee to the men in blue and the guys out doing the roads and a few stranded folk that had no place to go... as well as a few of the regs that were out helping get people that were stuck off the road. No I don't make tons of money and I wish to the high heavens that I made more, but it is nights like last night when I get told "Thank you for being open" or Thank you for letting us warm up" or getting the baby to sleep(yes had a colicy baby out in this mess). No I don't make much money and and it is not a galm job but it is a job that is needed and if you don't believe me, get stranded somewhere and there is no one around...then you too will thank that one store that is a 24.
43. I hate when people in position of power, dont use it to uplift their community.
Celebrities especially musicians (rappers predominantly) have so much influence over their listeners, yet some of them choose to teach self hate.

When i listen to the lyrics, All I comprehend is "hate your brothers and sisters, you are not queens and kings....murder your brothers and sisters, your life is not valued, pay for that sister to take of her clothes she is PROPERTY. Value that chain, and that car because that's all your worth.

Slaves masters often made slaves beat one another, demoralized one another. RAPE another.

STOP WHIPPING YOUR PEOPLE. BREAK FREE OF THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CATARACTS that is blinding you from seeing that you are once again enslaving your people.

take your freedom and opportunity offered to you and free others.

But then again, maybe their just entertainers, maybe I should just laugh at them.
ENTERTAIN SLAVE....ENTERTAIN
44. Does anyone know when power is expected?
45. As lovely as the day was as beautiful the night has become.
46. Translate and memorize these for standing in line "Můj pes má velký zadek" ... and "Proč jsi cítit jako opice?" ... which are "My dog has a big butt" and... "Why do you feel like a monkey?" This should solve your "small talk" problem. ...... (You're welcome)
47. There is nothing wrong with rich people getting richer. That (in itself) doesn't make poor people any poorer. People who are *angry* about the wealth of rich people are petty and jealous, and have probably blown some of the opportunities that were available to them in their younger days.
48. Yep. the secret is to bounce it off the side about 2/3 of the way up. bounces right to the center once you find the zone
49. I just wanted to say thank you to all my family and friends. thank you for the prayers, thank you for loving me ,caring me, hnd nyo ako iniwan sa laban kong to.. I'm so glad and blessed right now to have you all. God is good all the time. Love you all.
50. I'm going to step back, and let the b^tche$ and Ni88as go to war, and genocide each other. Maybe there needed to be some purging before any good could come out of this nonsense.


Comments

Popular Posts