I Savor This Moment!





So I picked up the kids from Robert and Sharon's house last night after work (after the roller through which I'm supposed to make the deposit got stuck AGAIN – it's thirty years old, so I'm told that happens a lot) and as I left my in laws' house last night the low fuel light came on. So I did what I always do in a low-fuel car when the gas pump light comes on and I have money, I stopped at the nearest gas station to put gas in and was about to pay when Jeffrey opens the back door – I was in a bit of a brood, she parenthetic statement above – and shouts “you can't leave us here!” True enough, so Sarah and Jeffrey came with me, I paid for the gas and Jeffrey went crazy when he saw donuts – M&H where we stopped after three sells the donuts they make/have delivered there for thirty-five cents each, and after some haggling I bought one for each of us, and then went home to make grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. Today's title is what Sarah said after biting down on the sweet treat.

From a seven year old. Going on eight (sometimes sixteen) in ten days. We're already getting invitations out to Sarah's birthday party which will also be a sleepover at our house the day after her birthday; our plan now is to bring the girls to church with us and let them stay for our annual Sunday School Carnival the afternoon of March 2nd. I don't think I will be that much pressure … really, we've caught up on the house payments so we have little fear of losing our house now. The place has grown on me after six years, glory to God. It's worth savoring, even when I feel we are doing all that we can do to keep our heads above water and feel constantly reminded it is not enough for my wife and children. Indeed, I got angry enough when Jeffrey said he wanted to stay up until Mommy came home (this was Martha's night at McDonald's until ten pm, and the kids had school today) that I wondered aloud whether they'd be happier if I were gone so much more than Mom.


So now I will savor every moment I can, David

Comments

Popular Posts