I'm In The Middle Of Constant Coloring!






Romania, Serbia, and Montenegro should be evacuated; occupied territories restored; Serbia accorded free and secure access to the sea; and the relations of the several Balkan states to one another determined by friendly counsel along historically established lines of allegiance and nationality; and international guarantees of the political and economic independence and territorial integrity of the several Balkan states should be entered into. 



So said our daughter Sarah twice this Saturday for she can't wait for her eighth birthday Friday and her birthday party (Jeffrey: “real birthday”) and sleepover (“sleepover birthday”) the day after! This was one of a handful of Saturday mornings Martha's been able to stay home since she started working part-time at McDonald's last year, and THAT'S because as a member of Minot Chamber Chorale she was a singer in the combined chorus from Minot State University, Bismarck-Mandan, and the Chorale.



It's a medley – I'll probably get nailed by the more musically inclined for that – of the works created by Z. Randall Stroope, a world-renowned conductor I'd never heard of. But then I don't drift into those circles … it was a great performance, the kids and I dressed up for it, and at the reception afterward we got to meet Dr. Stroope, who when he first came on stage reminded me of Tchaikovsky for some reason; elsewhen, when Jeffrey shook his hand I SO WISH I'd taken a photo of his gaping expression! It was a Mickey Mouse-Leopold Stokowski from Fantasia moment, I tell you.
 



This morning we brought the kids to school early and then met with their teachers for the second time this school year for parent-teacher conferences, and overall the reports were great. Jeffrey, I'm sure I have remarked before, has two extremes – either he's really quiet (like in reading sometimes) or with the “right” person, as happened recently in the lunchroom I was told, loud as all get out! Let's work on that. I promise, we'll work on that, even at twelve below zero here today!



Last night when I got home I was presented with several of the bronze and silver medals the kids had “won” for doing so well on their reading (they held back the gold, I understand that, lol) and we settled down to the greatest spaghetti dinner I've had in a while, with homemade garlic bread! We bought the loaf of sliced bread we used Sunday and used homemade garlic butter to spread on it, let it cook in the oven and OH you cannot pay for an experience like that! And dining at home too, who can top it?




Beyond my logic circuits, David



 
 

Comments

Popular Posts