And Now For The Second Half Of February, Assorted Status Updates And Comments








Not of mine, but ones that I've read that I especially liked because of the wording or how it spoke to me at a particular time as I read it. The writers of these statuses and comments have had their names redacted, of course. Normally I would hold off on this until tomorrow, but tomorrow will be my daughter Sarah's eighth birthday and on Fridays my Ensign devotionals take priority too. So here you go, what I've collected up to now since February 16, 2014 – but first, the thirteenth point of a series I will conclude tomorrow (which I hope my frequent readers have figured out by now)! For we who don't learn from history WILL repeat it! 
 



Stay awesome, David





An independent Polish state should be erected which should include the territories inhabited by indisputably Polish populations, which should be assured a free and secure access to the sea, and whose political and economic independence and territorial integrity should be guaranteed by international covenant.





1. Dignity Rule No. 1: Never chase after someone who doesn’t return your phone calls or e-mails. Just keep them in your memory bank so they’ll be there when you pass them on the way up.




2. Don't get so caught up with current events you miss out on the timeless ones.




3. If u r a guy don't use the "U r intimidating " line. Just hush! Seriously I don't even know what that's really saying? U r a grown man!




4. Thankful for answered prayers. He always watches over us. Giving God the glory for all things today. God is good everyday.




5. I love the monotonous activities of each day. Okay maybe not so much but it just makes it that much better when I get to see the love of my life every night.




6. Stephen Amell: It's just white noise Colton Haynes. There in I know what your thinking.
Colton Haynes: We got to get out of here.
Stephen Amell: No I really know what your thinking. This new season of Arrow is gonna change some lives Haynes .
Colton Haynes: Even Demons Know! Even Demons Know!




7. I believe it's time for 'The Book'. My son and I want to tell people together what it's been like and what it's yet like to live with bi-polarism. I'm tired of being the bad guy when it's not even me talking. He's tired of it too.




8. Q is not amoral. He's actually quite moral; thus, his obsession with humans and their moral codes. He is not a villain. He is a theatrical foil; he emphasizes the traits and desires of human beings (in space).




9. I just showed my mother the necklace one of my guests gave me a few nights ago. My son then asks why they give me stuff. My mom tells him it's because im good at my job.

Best answer my mom could give...ever!




10. SOBER.... son ofa bitch everythings real




11. So excited as a new chapter in the novel of my life is being written




12. I am calling this chapter ... The moment of requited calmness and balance with the blushing a of love




13. The kindness of other has touched my girls again. Once a month, I will treat the girls by taking them to the Makoti gas station so they can get a snack and strawberry milk. Today a stranger paid for their treats, plus gave them each a dollar to put in their piggie banks.




14. Oh, just a lurker on the periphery of things, barring a few comments here and there.




15. I can have whatever I want because my mouth is my weapon!




16. Could Someone Please Advised The World My Foot Prints Will Also Be On The Moon. Thank You Queen Author




17. The only education I got on sex education came from a woman I babysat for. From highwire acts of swinging from chandiliers, to oral gratification for reeses peanut butter cups!




18. "Why must books end?" These are words that make my ears happy.




19. I'm starting to think my dentist has extensive sales training. Always with the upselling when I come in for a cleaning.
Would you like invisalign with that? Did you know you grind your teeth at night and I can save your teeth with a fitted mouth guard?
Ugh. $500 for the mouth guard and the insurance doesn't cover it? Trick, let me out this chair. I'm broke enough.




20. Michele Bachmann wants to prove America isn't ready for a female President by being a shining example of a terrible option.




21. The mighty house cat, outside stalking leaves




22. What do you think about the demise of the clown industry in the United States? How do you feel about clowns? Do you think they're fantastic or freaky?




23. Christy Short:we're so cute we finish each other's s-
Me:-olar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. and wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of andorian shingles. see if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding! space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
Christy: Uh no. No. Sissy..sometimes....sometimes I ...I can't follow you....




24. Why reboot the movie when the only thing that made the first one good retroactively was the solid TV franchise that it birthed? Oh yeah, I forgot: MONEYYYYYYYYYYY




25. So, who's actually being selfish these days? Those who want to maintain traditions or those who want to do away with traditions and make others conform to their needs/wants?




26. lol has anyone invented yet how to move states? like can we just move California closer to Ohio so i can go to awesome concerts? if anyone figures out how to do that.. that would be great!




27. A new week, with more opportunities to seize.




28. Pulled into Elder Middle school just in time to see police officers walking a middle schooler out in cuffs. Sigh~,Father, this is not who we are...give us vision to see that. Amen




29. Soon we will be adding a new member to the family. Our beautiful new husky, tentatively named Kailani. But we just found out she has heartworms. She now has to go through that horrible treatment. We get to bring her home later this week.




30. Does anyone want to be my personal assistant? There is no pay! Ill be sure to give you LOTS of experience....
Decided to give it a try, wont hurt to ask.




31. You can't appreciate having peace until you've been robbed of it. I have no clue how a vile of depression and discouragement ended up in my system but I served the enemy up a keg of the same thing he slipped me -LOL!!! As I slept last night, I had a YET praise! I kept saying thank you Jesus [in my sleep]! When I woke up, the praise party continued! I have been set free, saints!!!




32. A lot has happened in a short amount of time. The good news is that it has all come together at last. The loose ends have been reconnected and I am thankful.




33. Ugh. I just smelled so darn many fragrances, I think my olfactory receptors are broken.




34. Time slips by , while the mind is engaged in the realm of writing.




35. He was so absentminded or so unprejudiced that he treated me like an adult.--Tomas Transtromer, Swedish Nobel Prize winning poet

he is not my favorite, but after reading him slowly, I find he helps me see Christianity, Nature/evolution, humanity, with a wonder ambiguity and an almost childlike clarity--I recommend him to all. And keep the book, you will want to read it all again. His seemingly random and tentative words make pictures and impressions that deepen and deepen




36. You tell it the way you see it people can agree or disagree it's called communication it's called FB




37. Since no one wanted to share the introductory paragraph they wrote in class today about their favorite subject in school, I started calling on random kids. I called one boy and his eyes got wide, and he asked, "Do I have to?" I just gave him "the look" and he sighed and started reading, "Language arts is my favorite subject. I like to read adventure books, write long stories, and I love my language arts teacher - even though she is kind of scary sometimes."




38. hiee everyone, sorry for not logging in here as often as i should, it's been a pretty busy time for yours truly lately, besides working and doing the usual computer stuff and music playing and building guitars etc, ive taken yet another class at skewel...LOL "and no it's not a typing class" LOL...its a class that deals more about various codecs and stuff that i needed a refresher on . computers these days are way too user friendly.not to mention the cell phones that out perform most desktops until they screw up ..then its call [the writer of this status] time ....




39. The brouhaha in Arizona over the right of a business establishment to refuse service to someone on the grounds that their sexual orientation violates the business owner’s religious beliefs misses the point.

The focus on gays only obfuscates the real issue — that a business owner has a natural right to refuse service to ANYONE. Why? Because it’s his property, and no one has a right to tell a business owner what he can and cannot do with his property.

The marketplace is the most ruthless enforcer on earth. If an employer refuses to hire or serve people purely on a discriminatory basis, he does so at his own peril, because the marketplace will surely punish him.

I’m adamantly against all forms of discrimination, but I respect someone else’s right to discriminate — even though I may find their actions to be reprehensible — because I believe that liberty must be given a higher priority than all other objectives.




40. Our office deals with artists' in one form or another & can tell u believe most if not all r lost or just plane nuts: but when they do 'find' themselves,what a great joy 2 the world




41. It's A Blessing Going Into The Bank And Strangers Recognized You. I Didn't Know I Was Famous!




42. I need to learn to hold my tounge and let things roll off my back. It's too early in the day to have an argument with ignorant people.




43. We all came from dust rite? well someone is coming or going in several rooms in our home,HA!!!




44. When you make a choice, you change the future.




45. Overly enthusiastic car wash guy didn't wait until I had my window all the way up.




46. One of my friends said to me I talk about weightloss /fitness & health issues too much now. I told her that's where my passion is now & have goals pertaining to this for my future! Ie certifications etc. Don't let people from your past hold u in your past. It's okay to leave them in the past too!




















Comments

Popular Posts